Dr Newcenstein strikes again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Newcenstein strikes again!

This poor DK-2 HRF - I've put enough money into it to have ordered a Custom Shop Dinky [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, taking a night off from work and got bored, so I decided to swap necks on the DK (again), but this time with a real DK neck instead of the one I modded to fit, plus this one's got a reverse headstock - the more Hot Rodded the better [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ok, so I was still bored and decided to play around with Paint Shop Pro 8 - and lookie what I done did [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Just wish the neck didn't have inlays [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Dr Newcenstein strikes again!

BTW, these are done on window decals you can print out on a standard inkjet printer. I started to do em as stickers, but that was too much detail to get rid of all the white around the drips.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Very cool!
      750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
      Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

To me, it looks way better with that neck. The inlays are... uhh... strange.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Nor - man I love that movie, especially that scene [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks guys. Yeah the inlays do look strange, mostly because they've got that 70's style "dripping liquid" thing going on, as opposed to really looking like blood, and those black dots are a distraction. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I wanted to do them at that angle, though, to keep that sharkfin-type appearance [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Hell yeah!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
              and those black dots are a distraction. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, the black dots look cool...they're kinda like the entry wounds! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

You've created another monster! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah I thought about that [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hmmm, wonder if I could print out some bullet holes and put them on centered dot inlays? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                    Hmmm, wonder if I could print out some bullet holes and put them on centered dot inlays?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hmmm. how would that look in a rosewood board? Like a fractured glass effect around the inlay?
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

For rosewood it'd hafta be printed on white paper (sticker paper) because white colors do not print, even on transparencies [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Working...
                      X