My New Infinity Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My New Infinity Pro

It finally arrived! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] This is the guitar that I have wanted for quite a while.

Mahogany set neck, rosewood board, mahogany body, flamed maple top, MOP Jackson logo, MOP/Abalone inlays, full head, neck and body binding, 22 frets, Schaller.

Pic #1
    Pic #2
    Pic #3
    Pic #4
    Pic #5

[ May 20, 2003, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: fritzreiser ]

Re: My New Infinity Pro

Fritz, that's quite the guitar! Very cool. Those "diamond" inlays with the mother of pearl edges and abalone interior is awesome! The top is to die for! One of the few set neck Jacksons ever made. And, perhaps the only Jackson Pro to come standard with body binding! Sweet score, email me regarding a pair of chrome pickup bezels.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] Congratz with a new guitar

Comment

Very nice! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
        Nice to see one that isnt blue or solid black! Lol. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        Is that unusual that its got a (non recessed?) Floyd? I thought they had fixed bridges...

James

Comment

Sweet!!! Those inlays are killer, and that top is to die for! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Mr. White: to my knowledge there was not an Infinity Pro with a fixed bridge. But, ask Fritz, he's chunking $50 for the catalog that has an Infinity on the cover! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Joe: uhhh...didn't I already say that? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Mr. White: I'll let you know what the catalog says if/when I get that catalog (someone else will have to bid very high to win it) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] .

Charvel750: Joe, you were right [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] . The access to the upper registers is tough with that guitar because of the set neck (and because I don't have long fingers). Other than that, it is a fabulous player and looker.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                Joe: uhhh...didn't I already say that? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, you did, but I was just reiterating your point! Plus, I couldn't think of anything better than what you stated. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Joe, bow down before your master!

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Just don't cut off my hand with that thing, Lord Vader!

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
                      Mr. White: to my knowledge there was not an Infinity Pro with a fixed bridge. But, ask Fritz, he's chunking $50 for the catalog that has an Infinity on the cover! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Charvel 750 is correct. Per the 92 and 93 catalogs, the Infinity Pro (and XL) had the JT-590 as standard. Interestingly enough, it appears that only the 92 models of the Pro had the diamond inlays.

Comment

[ June 10, 2003, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: fritzreiser ]

Comment

Great lookin axe where did you find it?

Comment

Originally posted by ntyler:
                            Great lookin axe where did you find it?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I got it from a female poet/author in SF who had it in storage.

I was looking for an Infinity Pro for while through search engines, etc. and was only able to locate 3 on the entire web. I made offers on all three and two of them didn't bite. But the third time was the charm.

This guitar was very difficult to locate. They only made them for a year and a half, and the folks that have them, love 'em. Thus, they don't want to give them up.

If you ever know of someone who has one for sale, let me know.

FYI, there are plenty of Infinity XLs on the market, but the Infinity Pros are the heat!

[ June 17, 2003, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: fritzreiser ]

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] very nice guitar [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X