X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RR3

Originally posted by Sephiroth:
    I have an RR-3, so I'll throw in my $0.02:

1. The chrome hardware SUCKS on just about every finish except for eerie dess and maybe black. The chrome plate is nice and mirror-polished. This is the only part you'll have a hard time replacing if you decide to switch out the hardware for black or gold.

2. The P'ups don't have the teeth in them that I'd like, so X2N's are mandatory for me.

3. The neck is decent play-wise (USA necks are better of course), but it p*sses me off that cheaper DK2's get binding while RR-3's or even RR-5's don't. It's a kick in the nuts if you like binding.

4. Don't know what kind of rosewood they're using, but it's the lightest-colored rosewood I've ever had on a guitar.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">oil the fret board man it will darken it right up , use lemon oil and smear it on and leave it for 5 mins then rub it off that'll do the trick , take your plate /pickgard off and take it to a sheet metal shop and get them to use it as a template for a new one shouldn't cost to much , or find some alluminam paint and paint it blk or you can probably get a autobody shop to do it for real cheap make sure you sand it a bit so the paint sticks or get them to do it , for the pickgard it should only cost [for any of the above] 20 to 40 bucks and the lemon oil [in Canada anyway] should be 6 or 7 dollars . anyway I hope some of this info works for ya ! //Steve

Comment

The old RR3s had regular sharkfins, then they went to reverse. Did they go back to regular again? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, I think they went back to regular.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
          The old RR3s had regular sharkfins, then they went to reverse. Did they go back to regular again? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] yep they when back to regular again , the newer ones I've seen anyway . //Steve

Comment

Jeez, I guess they can't make up their mind. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
              Jeez, I guess they can't make up their mind. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] just like the bloody jt 580 lp trem base now it's the size of a real floyd and before it was wider ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah, I remember the pics you sent me of that trem. Strange indeed!

Comment

Working...
                X