Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might get a KVX10 soon... UPDATE: PICS ADDED! OMG!! *DROOL*!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Might get a KVX10 soon... UPDATE: PICS ADDED! OMG!! *DROOL*!!!

Ok, so I just came back from the guitar shop...

... and we have a winner: ME!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The KVX10 is Made In Japan and plays the same as it looks: like it's on fire! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

The neck feels really great (I was surprised in a good way), the fretwork and the inlays are very nice.
    From the moment I put it on it felt very natural to me, just like it was made for me... I didn't have to adjust at all. Kinda like a cross between my DKMGT and my Grass Roots Explorer.

The guitar is very light-weight and a little neck-heavy, but that's no problem for me as I tend to rest my right arm on the V (just like I do on my Explorer) and it supports the body so the neck doesn't dive down.

I think for now the pickups are ok, but I'm pretty sure I'll change them as soon as I have the money. I also have to test them on my own amp.

The KVX10 may not be as great as my DKMGT, but it definitely is a nice guitar that suits me well.
    So I decided to get it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

However, I didn't bring it home today, because as I already said I want to have it set up with 0.013 strings tuned to B...

But tomorrow I will bring it home and set the air on fire, MUAHAHA!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As said before, I expect to have pics up in the middle of next week... until then you have to wait. [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

sweet, i told you you wouldnt be dissapointed [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] no go shred for a little while with your new baby

Comment

Ok, so I brought the KVX10 home on Saturday and played my ass off since then... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Now I just took a load of pics with a camera I borrowed, but it'll take a day or two until I can post them... my mate has to upload them on his comp and burn them on CD-R.

One or two more days... [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

But the pics already look great on the display, so just imagine how they'll look like on 2048x1584... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

How does it sound tiuned in B? I figured the strings would be rattling lik crazy, but with 13's they might not be.

Comment

Fifth, i'm looking forward to those pics and the result of the down tuning with the 13 strings. I never went that far (down) and i'm curious about the result regarding chord intonation and fret noise.

Viel spass mit deinem neuen axe! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Henrik
            AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

I thought all the X series Jacksons were made in india/far east, and not Japan? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by New Found Power:
                I thought all the X series Jacksons were made in india/far east, and not Japan? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, as far as I'm informed the production of all the X-series models was moved to Japan in 2002.
                So everything pre-2002 should be made in India. It might be a little more complicated than that, but that's basically how it is.

Now to the result of downtuning: I chose 0.013 strings because that's basically a 0.010 string set with every string moved one step higher and a 0.056 string added for the low B.
                Like a 0.010 sevenstring set without the high E. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

So the string tension has practically remained the same.
                However I get indeed some minor string rattling on the low B stringon the first and second fret, and also on the low E first fret.
                But when I played the guitar in the shop (still in standard tuning with normal strings) there was no rattling at all, not even on the low E, so I guess the guitar wasn't set up perfectly with the 0.013s.

I might try to slightly raise the bridge sometime in the next few days, might already help. It's not a strong rattling, it only occurs when I pick rather hard...

Apart from that it sounds great tuned to B, chord intonation is really good.
                But you know that the Duncan Designed pickups are muddy in the lower register, so palm-muting in B sounds quite muddy and muffled.
                Well, I compared it to my DKMGT with a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge tuned to standard, so I'm used to crystal-clear accented palm-muting. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Ok, to sum it up: Apart from minor string rattling on the first two frets of the low B and the rather muddy pickups this guitar plays like a dream and sounds like a mean mother****er when used with distortion.
                It's perfect for my band! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

raising the bridge a little would solve the buzzing problem, and i guarentee new pickups would make the guitar ten times better and get rid of that typical duncan designed muddiness. My kvx10 is getting an Evolution and a Duncan '59 installed sometime very soon.

Comment

For some reason, guitars never rattle when you play them in the shop... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats!!! Now hurry up with those pics! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Enjoy!!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

CHEERS! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[ May 13, 2003, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Fifth_Horseman ]

Comment

Wow man! I need to get me one of those! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                          Congrats indeed! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

cool man //Steve

Comment

[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X