X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Performer series PS

hi
    anyone knows:
    1. what´s the difference between performer kellys with or without the "PS-6T" writing on the tussrod cover?
    2. is the first 2 numbers of the serial-nr the production-year?
    thanks andy

Comment

I just purchased a Rhoads Performer for $210 w/hsc (in like new cond). Is it a good deal? I called Guitar Center first before I bid on it and they said it was a bargain. My other Jackson is a DK-2 so I was a little leary of the price but I couldn't resist THE POWER OF THE V! I'm waiting for it to come via fedex tomorrow.
      E = Fb

Comment

Originally posted by Axe to Grind:
        I just purchased a Rhoads Performer for $210 w/hsc (in like new cond). Is it a good deal? I called Guitar Center first before I bid on it and they said it was a bargain. My other Jackson is a DK-2 so I was a little leary of the price but I couldn't resist THE POWER OF THE V! I'm waiting for it to come via fedex tomorrow.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They aren't bad. I've got one, but my DK2 gets most of my attention [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

hello
          i posted some questions:
          Originally posted by model1:
          hi
          anyone knows:
          1. what´s the difference between performer kellys with or without the "PS-6T" writing on the tussrod cover?
          thanks andy
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">thanks for your help

Comment

Originally posted by model1:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have no idea.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope. As far as we know, the serial for the bolt on imports is merely a sequential number.

'bane

Comment

thanks
              to 1. i thought it may be related to the production country?
              my two japan kellys don´t have it and i saw a korean that has it
              could that be a general rule?
              also maybe it´s related to the production year/period
              to 2. where can i find out then when wich serial# was crafted (something similar to the serial chart for usa jacksons on the board?)
              andy

Comment

I've owned two performer Dinky's over the years, and in all honesty, they were the worst Jacksons I've ever owned. The necks kept warping to the point to where they were too much of a pain in the ass to keep around. I'd seriously consider paying the extra to get a post-Performer import Jackson because those are so much better.

Comment

you´re right, they´re not all the same
                  one of my PS6Ts (the black one) is crafted very well it looks and feels exreme good (unfortunately it has a hit near the volpot)
                  whereas the metallic blue one seems to be built/finished in a shorter time with less attention
                  anyhow i wouldn´t say they´re crap, they´re very fine guitars for the money
                  of course the´re nothing compared to my ke2(but even this one could be better if they really wanted)

Comment

Working...
                  X