What about the PS4 Performer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about the PS4 Performer

I have one of these models and I have noticed on the bay that the PS4's are not demanding very much money. Is there something wrong with them? I had thought the performer series were great guitars.

Re: What about the PS4 Performer

They're not bad at all, just not as good as the professional series.
    -Rick

Comment

Do you have a pic?
      My PS-4:
      MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

The Performers were good guitars for the money, but Jackson moved production from Japan to Korea for a year, and I think the questionable quality of that batch hurt the reputation of the MIJ Performers. The PS-4 seemed like the best of the entire line in my opinion, and I still see a lot of them in use.

As for the prices they get on eBay, consider that even the Professional models without neck binding and MOP sharkfins don't bring very much money. For a person who really wants the Jackson look, dot inlays are enough to throw them off.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, the solid color ones dont sell well at all. The ones with the flamed top sell for much more. They are great bargains for a decent guitar. I have a ps2 and its a great guitar.

Comment

<font color="aqua">I had one of these in the trans red color and it played great. I didn't like the original neck so I replaced it with a dinky reverse neck and that did the trick. Kinda miss that one...it's in the middle below:

</font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I have a JDR-94 Concept, which is in all essence a PS-4.
              Nice guitar and has been very reliable. It's solid black, so not much to look at really. It also has a PS-2 neck on it now as the orignal is no longer with us. R.I.P.
              I bought mine brand new for $290 with the case. I just happened to buy it from the shop where I was working at the time. Got a nice employee discount.
              -Rick

Comment

here's mine:

Comment

I just traded mine in when I picked up the Bond Rhoads. The only reason why I bought it in the first place was because the price was right and it had a brand new EMG-81 in it. That found it's way out of the guitar before I traded it in! Hehehe.

Comment

Working...
                  X