Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know anything about this Dinky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know anything about this Dinky?

I found this ad on a Dinky.
    http://www.gmf.se/Forum/topic.asp?TO...hTerms=jackson

Dinky ad.

Supposedely it's a DK2 from the 1990's. Does that sound fair? I have the serial number (9643373) but I can't find any serial number lists for non USA/Custom, is it possible to date this guitar via the serial? What would be a fair price (without hardcase)?
    /Kristian
    Sweden

Re: Does anyone know anything about this Dinky?

It looks like a dk2 in amber flame. I like that finish. I have no idea about prices in sweden. In the U.S. it might go for $250 to $300 on ebay. It probably retails for like $499 but that means nothing. I think a forum member recently scored one of these with case for a really good price. I see it has the frosted chrome hardware. Does that mean anything? Like does it make it a different model, special edition, or was that just an option.

Comment

in the uk its 299gbp or an extra 50-100gbp for a trans-finish. do a google search to find the best deal. plenty of mail order places. you can pick up a gator hardshell case for as low as 50gbp.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Thanks for your answers! The retail prices for Jacksons are alot higher than in the USA, for sure. For example, the retail price for a RR5 is about $2000 (maybe $1600 or $1700 if you make a good deal) which, as far as I know, is far higher than in the USA. I buy alot of stuff from the USA from e.g. Ebay, but when it comes to guitars, the profit is all eaten up by the high shipping costs...

Yeah, I like the trans-finish alot, and the bound fingerboard. The guy is asking somehting like $600 which, in Swedish measures for a Jackson, seems a little bit too much in comparison to the Ebay prices you mention. I'll look around at Google and Ebay and see what I find, thanks for your input guys!

Comment

If you check ebay for prices, make sure you check the completed auctions. If you just go by what some guys have set as their price you wont get a good idea of what they actually sell for.

Comment

Yeah, that makes sense!

Comment

Where do you live?

(Your profile is empty [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] )
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Kristian

It was me (that Carbuff referred to) who found a great deal on a DK2in California on a site called Craigs list.

Here's the thread I posted on here:
                DINKY DK2

This one was $250 w/case picked up!

It's very similar in color to yours.
                I got it for a buddy and he loves it!

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Looks very nice! I just bought a 1984 Rhoads, so I'll have to save up some $ before I get another guitar [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

So you bought that Rhoads Student, eh? Just make sure you don´t crack off the top wing again [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

My GAS was too strong [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I know, it's a pity with the wing, but I'm still really excited about buying the guitar [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] !!

It turned out that the guy selling it to the current owner shipped it from the USA to Sweden in a non original case, and since the guitar wouldn't fit 100% correct in the case the guitar got damaged...really annoying

Comment

I had my eyes on that Rhoads as well, but it had a Kahler didn't it? That always makes me turn the other way...

Comment

Yup, it had a Kahler. Looked pretty beat cosmetically, too... but for that price it was definitely worth it if you like Kahlers and RR´s. As for me, I like neither [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes, it does have a Kahler...I had second thought on that as well, but the seller has had it serviced and the price was too good to let the opportunity slip out of my hands. It's a San Dimas Rhoads, for crying out! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

All that really matters is that you´re happy with it [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                              Have you received it yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X