X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kelly Question

Originally posted by Rick:
    Racer X,
    Are the Kelley dx10's really that bad? My Ps6t really isn't a bad guitar for 250.00, and AMS had either model for the same price. I actually liked the sharkfins better, but they were out of stock on them at the time.

With new pups and a better trem, the ps6t plays and sounds great.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Whoa whoa whoa! You mentioned 2 very different guitars. DX10 is not even a Kelly (DX is a Dinky and not that bad actually, especially the recent MIJs). The KX10D (Indian Kelly) is not such a great guitar. Your PS6T (Korean Kelly) is a nice jump up...it's basically an Kelly "standard". And $250 would be a good price for a new one if you don't mind the stock pups and dots, as you & Newc mentioned.
    So, to summarize: I didn't diss your axe! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by EvDog:
      It is a bolt-on neck, rosewood fretboard, no binding, not a reverse headstock. The headstock simply says Jackson, nothing else. It has 2 Duncan Designed hum pups, and a Jackson trem.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Definitely a made in India KX10D [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]
      A used & abused one at that - run away! [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Couldn't it still be a KE3?

Even if it was, its abused. Not worth it whatever I'd assume.

Comment

No, but it's very close! KE3 will say "Professional" on the headstock. Evdog said the h/s in question said "Jackson" and nothing else.

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
            No, but it's very close! KE3 will say "Professional" on the headstock. Evdog said the h/s in question said "Jackson" and nothing else.

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not the new ones.

But the KE3 uses a JT580LP trem, and the one described is a JT590 or JT500. Most likely the latter.

Comment

Another nail in the coffin: Evdog described a trem that matches a JT500 (bottom line Jackson Floyd copy that came on the X series). The KE3 sports a 580LP (mid line trem).

Hmmm, I just realized....I did a Jackson ID all by myself! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

and I got half of the posts in this thread heh heh heh heh heh heh [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Det. RacerX
              Kelly Investigations

Comment

Hey Aaron, trippy! We were both writing about the same thing at the same time! I swear I hadn't seen your post!

See your point about the KE3 h/s, however I will weasel out of that point by claiming that "since the target Kelly was described as pretty beat up & used, I deduced that it could not have been a newer "non-Professional-logoed KE3"

AND

$325 is a low asking price for a newer KE3.

I guess I could saved a lot of wrist muscles by just "guessing" it was a KX last night! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks everyone for helping me save my money. The stores around here that are close by don't have crap for Jacksons, new or used. I've seen a couple of USA models, a SL2, and a KE2, but the way prices are around here, they are going to want to much money for one of those. Every thing else they have are the low end ones. I actually did get my JS30 here, for a good price, and it is one of the Japan ones. I really like it.

I guess one of these days I'll have to take a trip to the Detroit area. I'm sure I could find some better deals down there.

Comment

Racer X,

Sorry about the confusion with the DX KX thing.

Newc- unfortunaltely , the case wasn't included, I only paid 80.00 for it, but in the new catalog they are going for 120.00 I believe.
                    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

EvDog, I kinda lost track of the conversation, but that kelly sounded to me like a kx10d, or possibly a jk-20 (the musicians friend early Indian kelly w/ fins), either way an Indian model best to be avoided for that price. Much better off with a new Japanese import.

I bought a ps6t from AMS last year, that $250 deal. Japanese made, plays fairly well. The neck is easily the widest of all the Jackson imports I have (dk2, kv3, dr3, sl-4). I hate jt-500's, and dislike dot inlays, but other than that a good guitar.

Comment

Working...
                      X