decisions, decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decisions, decisions

i reluctantly parted with my dxmg today in exchange for a boss gt-8 guitar fx processor and £50 credit note. my dxmg was 6 weeks old+, so for the shop to give me it's full value was a bit strange. i snatched the guitar back 3 times within 10 seconds. eventually, i realised i still had my baby - the trans-black wrmg and took the gt-8. i wasn't amused when the shop assistant started playing the guitar i just parted with. bastard. i am considering a new dk2s (sustainiac) in amber sunburst in nov/dec (when i can afford the £520 to buy it). the dxmg is easier for me to play because it has a thinner density neck and the guitar is much lighter than my wrmg. its a very nice guitar and i'm still wondering if i did the right thing!
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Re: decisions, decisions

You could always get another one.

Comment

I think you made the right move, considering that you plan to pick up a DK2S in the future. Since you already have an MG-series guitar, the Sustainer in the Dinky will give you an entirely new option instead of having two guitars with the same electronics.
      sigpic

Comment

thanks, i feel better now.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Given that the shop gave you a trade & the DXMG for new price, I would call it a steal. Like Inazone sd get the DK2s & you should be pretty happy. I can honestly say I would have likely pulled the trigger on the same deal.
          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

argh! i keep seeing other jacksons i would love to buy: dk2ff (a dk2 in black with flame inlays), a dx10dfs in tobacco sunburst (i question as to whether this is actually in stock - i bet it isn't), or a dx10dfs in trans blue. all these are cheaper than the dk2s but whether they sound good is impossible to tell because i'd have to place an order. it's so rare to come across even one of them in a shop to try out.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

That was a very good trade bro. It sounds like you don`t like the new thicker Dinky neck? I love the new neck thickness, but that is me. Good luck on the DK2S. Jack.

Comment

i've got used to the thicker neck on my wrmg. being as its the only guitar i own right now, there's no choice in the matter. i still want another jackson. the dk2s would be a 3 month wait to save up, so i was possibly thinking of a dk2ff or a dx10dfs. i've been meddling with my boss gt-6 and gt-8, so i can usually get the desired effects i want within reason. i'm not known for my patience, so i imagine i'll get one of the two latter guitars. question is, which one...
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

the dk2ff was a miss. never turned up (b**tards). i had more faith in jackson as my wrmg arrived within 6 days. i waited 6 weeks for the dk2ff. cancelled the order. i'm gonna travel around the east midlands until i find the guitar i want. so-called special order/mail order sucks ass.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                  X