Best tech in OH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tech in OH?

Howdy! I just bought a new JDX10 and I love it, it rocks, but the neck just doesnt seem right. The action is a little bit high and any work i've done to it to lower it seems to help a little but not much, as I get quite a bit of buzz on on the low e string. I have adjusted the Truss Rod, then the trem hight, but nothing seems to do the trick. Can anybody reccommend a good tech to take it to in ohio, kentucky or West Virginia? I live in Southern Ohio, so anyplace within about a hundred miles of me would be fine. I just want to take it to someone that knows what the guitar is capable of, as apposed to someone who works mostly on acoustics or something and will just end up raising the action to a rediculous level to eliminate the buzzing. Thanks alot!
    Joe

Re: Best tech in OH?

howdy tom webber is one of the best i know i was very pleased with his set ups!if hes not retired guitar technologies over the rhine cincinnati, also i know hes is around but ,never used him here he's good though jk lutheries,delhi,oh good luck peace bro!........

Comment

Joe,
      Try Mark Keiser. He has been around for a long time. He does work for all of the stores in the southern OH area:

Fret Repair
      402 S. Main St suite 6
      Franklin, OH 45005

937 743-7991

He's hard to reach. I think he returns & takes calls on Monday's only (I could be wrong). Good luck. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Crap dude , too bad you wern't closer. My bro Cleveland John would adjust everthing up nice for ya..

Oh BTW..Welcome Joe. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

we live in Cleveland..Home of the Mushroomhead.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Hey , your'e not "evil" Joe are you..?! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

There ya go Doug's got ya covered..hopefully your near..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Dan Erlewine is in Athens, OH. I drove 4 hours from Cinci to have him work on my axes.

Comment

Hey Horns, how much would your brother charge for a set-up? (I live in Toledo) Kinda having the same problems, GC tech didnt seem to be any more adept than myself at setting my SLSMG up =\
              www.myspace.com/madeaband
              www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions you guys!! I think im gonna try and get ahold of that guy in franklin, it's a little closer than athens, I hear dan Erlewine rocks though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I am not evil joe, im just average joe [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

If you want someone in Columbus, this guy has done superb work for me:

www.fretshop.com
                  "You are so stupid that I am surprised you have not collapsed into a singularity of stupidity." - Anon

Comment

Working...
                  X