New DK2 vs Older DK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DK2 vs Older DK2

I use to own a DK2 in trans Blue, and loved everything about it, except one major thing, the neck prifile. It was way to thin for me, much like the USA Fusions.Now, the newer DK2`s have a supposively thicker neck prifile, at least my now gone DK2LE did, a true medium rounded C shape that was perfect for me. So, this being said, does anyone have anewer DK2(not LE) and does it have the newer thicker C neck on it? How do you like it? Does anyone still like the older skinny neck profile better than the new ones? I want to get a new one, but only if they have the thicker neck profile on them. Was that thicker neck only for the DK2LE, or is that standard now? Thank you-Jack.

Re: New DK2 vs Older DK2

I have a late 03 Dk2 in EDS and the profile is spot on with the LE.
    Perhaps they changed the profile after the FMCI accquistion.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I beleive you are right about the neck profile change, mine was about 3-4 years ago. I am going to look for a thicker necked DK2 to mess around with, I should have sold my DK2LE. Jack.

Comment

What up Slayer! Yes, I can confirm Flatpickers neck thickness. It seems that since the buyout the neck is of a slightly modified Strat C profile and not the Ibz Wizard thickness. I know what yer sayin. I still have both my early 2002 trans blue DK2 and my DK2LE and I find the LE neck to be way more grip friendly. I still love my old DK2 for what it is. I like the thin profile for some stuff and the thicker LE for other stuff. I usualy have a "Hecho En Mexico" Fender Strat on hand anyway, but times are tight these days so I'll have to wait to get another Strat, but at least my LE has a damn near exact Fender C profile. I guess you can say "best of both worlds". I think the DXMG has had the same profile you have noticed since it came out if I remember right. The first one I actualy played was back in Nov. 02 and I noticed it's profile was thicker than my DK2 of the same year. Maybe FMIC/J/C decided to go "Same Spec" on all their axes to save cash? If somebody out there can confirm all this for me. I don't want to be talkin out of my ass here.

Comment

i have an EDS DK2 from mid 04, its got that C profile you speak of, funny, but i like the skinnier necks better, such as my king v, DR3 or ibanez RG550

Comment

That`s cool bro!! For sure, everyone likes different neck profiles. Like I prefer the newer Soloist necks over the older skinny ones, but I know alot of guys prefer the skinny ones of the early 90`s. Regards-Jack.

Comment

I have a newer DK2 and it has that C-shape feel with a thicker profile than my Ibanez guitars with wizard necks. It's very comfortable.

Comment

That is very good to know Lucky as if I don`t get a newer DK-2, I may get one of the new models coming out early next year, hopefully with black sharkies and black hardware on a maple board!! Jack.

Comment

i prefer the neck profile on my DXMG, much thinner and consequently easier to play than my WRMG. i am looking to get a dk2s (sustainiac) soon. does anyone know whether the dk2s and dxmg share the same neck profile or will i get the WRMG equivilent?
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I dont know... I like the Dk2s as well, wouldnt mind having one of them...
                    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

WHY DID YOU SELL YOUR DK2LE?? Geez Jack, I thought you'd never part with that guitar after all we went through to get them. I'm sure you had your reasons though. BTW I have an '02 DK2 in Trans-Blue. Got it just before the buyout and it has the thin neck. I was expecting the same on the DK2LE but was nicely surprised by the different profile. Don't get me wrong, I love my DK2 but having the best of both worlds as Jon put it is very nice.
                      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Beleive me when I tell you, that was the worst mistake I ever did was to sell my perfect in all ways DK2LE. I feel so terrible about it bro, that after my next Custom soloist is finished, I will start saving for a CS Jackson Fusion with just 1 humbucker. Now, that will all change, if Jackson brings out in 2006, some Imports with similar specs, even a Dinky will be cool. I should have bought the one that was for sale about a week back, I beleive it was #13 or abouts. I just feel terrible about selling my DK2LE, that was such a great guitar [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Jack not as bad as the DK2LE parted out on Ebay, that broke my heart.

Comment

I just hate to see San Dimas or Special Run guitars parted out [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Makes me fukin nuts [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
                            X