Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GC tried to rip me off.......I must look like a dumba$$...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GC tried to rip me off.......I must look like a dumba$$...

Oops! Double-post!

[ February 17, 2003, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

When I walk into a store with the "DON'T
      TOUCH" vibe, I make sure to grab the nicest one I see and sit down to play it.
      Not necessarily amplified, even; just to get a feel for the neck and see if I like it. I always bring my own picks for that
      reason, so I don't have to hear any BS by
      going up to bum a pick.

If a salesman comes over to hassle me about taking stuff off the wall, I usually give HIM a lesson about handling
      guitars, until he realizes I probably know more than he does about their proper
      handling, then he usually leaves me alone. If not, I'll go to the manager and bend his ear about showing adult customers with $ a little respect. Then,
      and ONLY then, will I buy a set of strings after putting my pawprints on their best guitars.

Any store wherein I see an idiot salesman
      lay an angled-back headstock guitar down
      so the headstock takes all the weight, I
      make a point of telling the guy why that's such a bad idea, however many folks are around. Any music store employee should not be so stupid as to damage the stuff they're selling, while they're showing it to a potential buyer!
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chris_olson:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There's alway Willie's too, but they never really have much I'm interested in - too "vintagey". Solidbody - cool, but the few times I've walked in there, I got the "DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING" vibe.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup. They mostly carry vintage Fenders and Gibsons.
        I swear that the same 20 yuppies sit in there every Saturday and play/noodle but never buy anything.
        They just take up parking spaces.
        A couple months ago they did have a san dimas Rhoads in minty shape and a Shannon soloist.
        They didn't know what the Shannon was.
        I think they both were consignment pieces.
        I mostly look at pawn shops and music go round.
        It's a fun way of killing an afternoon and occasionally, you'll score something cool at a great price.

Comment

Working...
        X