Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Neck-thru import kelly

Originally posted by keogh:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by toejam:
    Yeah, before I put the Invaders in my Kelly, the neck pup was a J50 and the bridge is a ??
    They both look like bridge pups because they have the adjustable pole pieces on the bottom coil. The sticker on the neck pup says J-50N (10.2) and the bridge says JH-2 (10.8), so I'm not sure exactly what it is. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I bought mine new in december 1994, she has dot inlays (that i don't like), the neck is bolt-on and had the same Jackson pickups as yours (J-50N (10.2) and JH-2 (10.8)) before i upgraded it.
    How can i know the year of building with her serial : J003652? I looked at this thread thread about serials but i'm not convinced!
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I guess yours would be a '93. I used to have one like yours that was a dark metallic blue with white plastic dot inlays that I always hated, too! I don't remember the serial on that one, but it's probably around the same as yours, maybe a year or so earlier.

The serial number on my XLR is J005962, so I always assumed it was a '95 since the first number is 5. Or could it be the 96 after that means '96? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[ March 01, 2003, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Steve no it's the same one Joe had. It's just the same. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I mean it's not the one he had but its the same as the one he had. Er I mean it's the same model as the one he had not the exact same guitar. yeah something like that.
      Although some of the pics I had of mine made it to Ebay and a few other places. so people think it's mine when it's not. She plays great and is definately a keeper.

Gil

Comment

Yeah, just for the record, this is mine:

Some time ago when I listed it on eBay (twice now) Gil was gracious enough to let me use his pics since it's the exact same model and color. But I managed to get some new ones, thanks, Gil!

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

A bit of trivia. There were planned import neckthru Kelly basses, Warriors, and tune-o-matic equipped King V's. All three were prototyped, and are still in the prototype pile wherever it exists now, except for the King V prototype which I managed to get for an excruciatingly low sum of money before the buyout. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

BM, there was an import neck through Warrior from 1990 through 1991.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Fully aware of that, BUT they were planning on reintroducing them. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] The specs were essentially the same, but with rosewood fingerboards. I should have made it more clear it was a separate line from the old Pro series.

Comment

Working...
              X