out with bc rich, in with jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out with bc rich, in with jackson

i spent £650 on a bc rich nj speedloader ironbird. i battled for 9 months because of tremolo, pickups and fret problems. it took 3 repairs and 3 replacements to get the shop to offer alternative goods. the guitar was frigged from day 1. originally i had a jackson js-1 which still sounded better. now i have a jackson dxmg and very soon, a wrmg in trans-black. i'm soooo happy to make the transition. i'm also happy to have found an unbiased forum where you can reply to any post unlike the bc rich one. i will never buy a bcr again.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Re: out with bc rich, in with jackson

Welcome to the world of REAL GUITARS...
    ENJOY

Nick
    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Thats a shame about the BC mate, but congrats on getting on board with Jacksons, a wise decision. And welcome to the board, now post pics of your guitars!

Comment

Its a goddamn shame what bc rich imports have come to, they were never great imports (the NAMM limited run not withstanding) but the last year or two every bc rich import I have laid my hands on has just been horrendous. Horrible fretwork, bad construction. Tremolo and pickup probs are typical with imports that just the nature of the beast but there is just no excuse for shoddy construction and bad fretwork. I've never seen Jacksons with that sort of problem that was so drastic it couldn't be easily remedied. I think you will be happy with your switch.

Comment

Gotta agree there on the BC. I do have an Elvira Warlock that's great, but that's what set it apart from the rest. (Well the pickups sucked and were replaced but that's to be expected). BC's are really very dime-store oriented now. Infact that decline in quality lead me to almost pass on even checking the Elvira out.
          But nothing out there has ever impressed me enough to cause me to waver from logging the most miles on my tried and true Jackson/Charvel, Gibson meat and potatos.
          One of the greatest things about Jacksons is you can get a quality killer guitar in all price ranges. For $500 bucks you can walk out with a killer import (maybe replace the pickups, your choice) or you can save thousands for your ultimate USA made neck-thru dream machine.
          Not only that, but in terms of the used market (especially in bricks and mortar stores) you have a far better chance of nailing a great score.

Music-Rock.com Musicrock.tv

Comment

A mate at school made the mistake of buying a BC Rich Mick Thompson signature Warlock. After a week the neck was warped, wouldn't stay in tune and the jack was buggered!

You should have seen their band practices.
            [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

i could rant about my undying hatred for bcrich and rosetti but i'd run out of writing space. all i can say now is i'm relieved to be out of this mess. fuck BCR. <VERY BIG SIGH OF RELIEF>. Pix will be posted soon.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'll tell you what, I'm no fan of the new Rich's but I picked up a Bodyart Ironbird for a good price, changed the cheap bridge pickup to a JB, and completely set it up with 8's, and have had no problems with it. It's no USA, but it plays comparably with my import jacksons(minus the jumbo frets....)

Comment

I ended up with 2 Bronze mockingbirds through trades ,etc. I know these are cheap but they are firewood compared to the JX10 that I used to have. That was made in India but played damn nice. My friends son bought one of those Warlocks with the red flames on it and within a week it was back at the dealer for a new input Jack. I love my old NJ Warlock and USA st3 but this new stuff is junk.

Comment

i was just so pissed at that ironbird speedloader because i spent 3 months saving up for it. the 2003 nj was out of production so the s/l version was the only ironbird available. i don't buy any guitar unless it has a trem and i i don't like the body arts at all. before the faults, it was nearly two months late arriving. had i known it would then take a further 9 months of fucking about, i would have just bought my dxmg and had a few good nights out instead. another guy on this site has a dkmg in trans-black, so i'm even more excited about my wrmg arriving. my opinion stand: bc rich suck.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Well welcome aboard [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a JS1 that I am pretty fond of. It is a total player.

Sorry to hear about the BC Rich. I am still a BC Rich fan though, especially of the old Warlock's.

Comment

JACKSON! Always a wise decision!

Comment

Nothing wrong with Jackson imports. Now that I've gotten my DX10 set up, I like playing it almost as much as my SL1. Not quite as much mind you, but close. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hell, I even like the Duncan Designed pickups. Then again, maybe my playing sucks, and everything I play sounds like suck. [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

i think saying "bc rich suck" is a bit harsh. The imports these days suck, i agree. the USA's are a different kettle of fish though...this seems to be the norm for most companies...INCLUDING jackson. I bought a Jackson (turned out to be korean) which annoyed me so much i ended up selling. it had sharp frets and the trem went from fair to bad to pathetic...i gave up on that and cut my losses. Maybe if it was a "japanese" dxmg it would've been better, but who knows. Now I play an 80's bc warlock, and i have to say its the best guitar i've ever had. oh and did i mention its an import? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] i think they must've made better imports back then, as the imports i've played from now (platinum series/mick stuff) has been bad. Same with jackson imports, i've not been impressed so far (that might change as i plan on trying a japanese dkmg soon)...

Comment

Working...
                              X