Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COW DK7

This arived today!
    Plays great. I just am not sure what to do with the extra string yet....[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Re: COW DK7

String it up standard (6 string) and add a "dummy" string on the treble side. Hang banners from the extra string and rent it out as advertising space to local businesses.
    sigpic

Comment

As an initial practice routine, I recommend that you work on playing 6-string material on the guitar, to get used to the fact that you DON'T hit the lowest string when you want to play the low-E. That was the hardest thing to get my mind around. Playing the low power chords on the low-B is pretty easy, by comparison. Once you're comfortable with the neck, and the "shift" in your visual reference of the neck, then you can start incorporating the low-B into your scales to do some amazing stuff. After awhile, you may wonder why everyone isn't playing a seven.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I just am not sure what to do with the extra string yet....

[/ QUOTE ]

Stand in front of a cranked stack and nail a low B power chord. Just let the low, thick, evil sound wash over you. Repeat this process until you can't stand to do it anymore. Just laugh yourself silly and flush it all out of your system.

With that out of the way, you can begin coming up with some really cool stuff.

Comment

I have a bitchin' black COW7 on my wall here. Drop me a line if anyone is interested!

Matt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Two words:

Dream Theater [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Looks sweet man, Congrats!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                As an initial practice routine, I recommend that you work on playing 6-string material on the guitar, to get used to the fact that you DON'T hit the lowest string when you want to play the low-E. That was the hardest thing to get my mind around. Playing the low power chords on the low-B is pretty easy, by comparison. Once you're comfortable with the neck, and the "shift" in your visual reference of the neck, then you can start incorporating the low-B into your scales to do some amazing stuff. After awhile, you may wonder why everyone isn't playing a seven.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Watch the pick hand, though - it took me a while to adjust for speed picking because I originally hit two chords during Division's sets on the B string, so I didn't work on my positioning enough. It wasn't hard to overcome, but if you can avoid the frustration out of the box...
                Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

How do you like the feel of the painted neck?
                  How much does it weigh?
                  How does it sound unplugged?

I'm interested because I seriously want to get a DK6 now - had a birthday last Saturday and my financial situation is now definitely good enough... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But my local store doesn't have one and they don't want to order it because it's such a special guitar.
                  Apparently someone else got a DK7 from that store two weeks ago, I'm working on contacting that guy. Maybe we can arrange a jam session or something.
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

oh, and CONGRATS!!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Congrats!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

i am surprised its not as bad as i expected to be... it has a EMG 707.. and I dont think it sounds as good as the 81... the EMG site says the 707 is the same as a 85, so I dunno, I might one day swap it out for the 81-7string that I saw somewhere that EMG has...
                        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

707 is supposedly a cross between 81 and 85. Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                          X