Best import you ever played?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best import you ever played?

Easily the 1990 Warrior Pro - plays exactly like the USA 1990 Warrior [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Then there's my JacksonStars NASL Archtop Soloist - THAT thing wails, I just wish it wasn't so lightweight.
    But then there's also my DK-2 with the swapped neck - set it up just right and it's a USA in cheap clothing [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

My 92 Rhoads Pro, white w/ black bevels is an awesome player and my fave Import Jackson. For Charvels, it's my 750XL, another awesome player.

Comment

My '94 Dinky HX (string-thru tunomatic). It's still my favorite import, is mainly used for Drop-D tuning nowadays, added EMG 85/60 pups. Frets are starting to wear a little, but still going strong! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Edited because I'm in the wrong fraekin forum, [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ January 15, 2003, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: nor ]
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Probably a KV-4. Damn nice.

Comment

My DX10D (2002 model, bought in 2001) plays phenomenally, don't know why, it's just awesome. Taking a long shot here but maybe it was a prototype for the 2002 models because it's 2002 specs, but made in 2001, so maybe there was more attention to detail? Regardless, it plays better than my Rhoads STD and the Custom Shop Tele I tried out at one of the local stores too... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Wish I could find another guitar that's this sweet for the price of a DX10D!

Comment

I'd say my 1994 Dinky Reverse, but it is neck and neck with my 2002 DK2. Charvel wise, my Predator plays really well as did the Model 2 I almost bought. I think I'm liking my DK2 the best out of em all.

Comment

It's a tie between my black JDX-94 Concept and `90 Soloist Pro. This Concept has an oiled neck, which others I've owned didn't have, and has a seemingly thinner neck than my other Jacksons. However, the Soloist has a heavier sound, so I use it more.
                  sigpic

Comment

My model 5 is still my fave.
                    It gets played way more than my USA Rhoads,Gunslinger and Ironbird.
                    It's been my main axe for so long, I can't get used to anything else.

Comment

WITHOUT FAIL - my '94 Metallic Black Soloist Professional XL !!!!...I will walk RIGHT PAST 5 or 6 USA built Soloists and grab THIS one !!!!...LOOOOWEST ACTION you have EVER SEEN, and the SWEET THING...The guy I got it from had NO IDEA what he had, and it came - DEAD MINT - SHIPPED in the OHSC for $350.00 !!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Dear Doc,

You're a lucky bastard!!! $350?

That's a plain steal dude. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                        Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I have a 94 Dinky XL that is Da Bomb.

Matt

Comment

The best import I ever played was a pc-3 back in the 90's at guitar center and back then I did'nt have the cash to buy it. But now in 2003 I just snagged one of the last out there.

Comment

HERE, HERE - Matt !!!!!...And if I REMEMBER correctly, Greg Crowe told me that '94 was the LAST REALLY KILLER year for Japanese Jacksons...I BELIEVE that Grover still had US luthiers over there until then...The frets are tucked into the binding PERFECTLY, and the OVERALL QUALITY is AS GOOD or BETTER than ALL my USA made stuff !!!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

My SL3 with black hardware is THE BEST SOLOIST I HAVE EVER LAID MY HANDS ON. I don't think it's better than any of the other USA's I've played, just the Soloists. The USA's feel too stiff for some reason, even with identical setups. I'll still take that Dragin King V over anything, but that's not on-topic. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X