JS-30KE is here!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS-30KE is here!!!

My JS-30KE arrived today. pics----> http://community-2.webtv.net/velojim/JS30KE/Now, I need a better (stronger) amp. What I have now is a measley Pignose Hog-20. When I turn up the gain to 10, I can hear and see the speaker about to fall apart. So, I've been playing with less gain and volume. (If I use this to play on the streets, I'll get a distortion pedal, that should do the trick) At this level, it has a warm blues/jazz sound!!!! I was sort of suprised at the clean jazzy tone it produced. First song I played on it, in case you're wondering, after a bit of loose improv was Voodoo Chile (Slight Return). However since the blues and jazz tones prevailed, it was more like Jimi's other Voodoo Chile. Also, that tone caused me to play that song differently and certainly with a bunch of jazz licks!! Action is nice, had to adjust the intonation, but well worth the $200 I paid for it!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: JS-30KE is here!!!

nice axe there. I've been considering one of them myself

http://community-2.webtv.net/velojim/JS30KE/

would be the correct link to yer pics.

Comment

I'm still debating whether to pick up a Warrior. I'm concerned about hardware & wiring.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

thoraby, thanks for posting the right link. don't know what happened. guess i was in a hurry to play it some more.

racerx--my guess is that the wiring is it's weak link. but that can easily be changed. my neck feels good and plays fast, the guitar has a good balanced feel to it too. for the money, you can get it and upgrade the electronics and have something better. right now, i'm keeping her as is. unless some wires crap out, but i don't think that will happen for a good bit of time.

Comment

This is a photoshopped version of my plans:

Comment

Ron, you are correct in your concerns, the electronics on my JS30WR are nothing to brag about... pots are scratching and I think the switch is crapping out (I'm not sure, I never switch to the neck pickup with this guitar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
            I'll have to swap electronics soon, but right now I don't play it often anyways.
            But apart from that issue, it still plays great. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Sweet...
              Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                This is a photoshopped version of my plans:

[/ QUOTE ]

i've recently ordered a wrmg (trans-blk). will post pix soon
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yeah, I may use a WRMG for this project rather than the JS.

Comment

Working...
                  X