Good locking nut brands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good locking nut brands?

Hi, wanted to know if anyone could recommend any good locking nut brands? I currently own a Jackson DXMG and the orginal locking nut failed to have to screws tighten up. So i replaced it with another brand but it seems that the locking nut position is alittle out of the neck causing a gap between the string nad the nut of the 6th and 5th string....

Are there any good brands that you guys could recommend? How are mighty mite? Do theirs fit as i am buying these online .....

As locking nut come in different sizes width and height ......

THanks in Advance!

Re: Good locking nut brands?

Maybe the locking clamps on your first one were
    accidently the wrong way.There was a thread about the right way the clamps should go in the locking nut.If its a floyd type nut the ridge should go in the same direction as the strings.

Comment

Hi hunter1970 sorry i don't get you. Are you saying that the blocks that clamp on the locking nut are on the wrong direction? But they are hold the strings right?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Hi hunter1970 sorry i don't get you. Are you saying that the blocks that clamp on the locking nut are on the wrong direction? But they are hold the strings right?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">I believe Hunter is refering to this thread [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] :

Some locking clamp help for you........ </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Yeah thats the one,Thanks Dave.

Comment

Hey Dave thanks for the Link!

Comment

I think i will need to take a picture of my problem ASAP to show you guys..... will post the pic soon..

Comment

Hi budman and hunter these are the pics to discribe my problem not to clear but can't help it ..... the camera can't take close shots clear but AS you can SEE from the pics the string siting on the locking nut are actually not sitting fully into the grooves ..... and solutions to this?

Comment

I honestly can't tell what's going on in the picture. You may have to draw it since that's pretty blurry. What it looks like to me is that the nut is off center too far towards the treble side, or maybe it's not wide enough for the neck. Is that what we should be seeing?

Comment

Mats,

You do know there are different sizes of nuts, right? There are R2, R3, R4... each for different width necks and different string spacings. Does that sound like what your trouble might be? On your neck, you would need either an R3 (1 11/16th inches narrow string spacing) or the R4 (1 11/16" wide string spacing).

Comment

It sorta looks like you have a 42mm nut on there cuz it doesn't quite reach the edge of the binding. Since it's a DXMG, you'll need a 43mm nut, which is the import equivalent of an R3 nut. I installed an OFR Pro on my DK2 but couldn't use the R3 nut that came with it cuz it sat too high and I didn't want to route any wood in the slot to make it fit. So I bought a 43mm nut and it fit like a charm. If you have your old nut that came with the guitar, look on the bottom and you'll see 43mm imprinted on it. Here's a link to where I bought mine: 43mm Nut

Hope this helps.
                      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Hi guys i have a R3 nut on it ....

Where online is it possible to get a R4 locking nut? I have never heard of one.

Does anyone know any Ebay sellers who sell the right locking nut for replacement?

Comment

Also the locking nut is sticking out a little bit on the treble side. I think this is why the strings don't sit properly on the grooves.

Comment

by thte way mhalsey thanks for the link!

Comment

No problem! You're in the U.A.E.? Are you military stationed there or a citizen?
                              My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Working...
                              X