RR5 NAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR5 NAT

can someone post some real life shots for me? i am considering buy it to compliment my RR1 as a back up

Re: RR5 NAT

This is the only pic I have of mine at the moment..
    Personally I think the finish is a bit "glossy", I prefer the finish on korina over flame maple actually.
    But neverthless, natural finished with gold hardware rules!

Comment

thats the best looking RR5 in my opinion, besides the White/black pins with black hardware

Comment

Very sweet guitar. How much where those when new? Made in Japan?

Comment

I think MAP price is just over a grand and they can be gotten for less than that. Made in Japan and neck-thru.

Comment

Beautiful!! Even without binding it looks right.

Comment

It does look pretty good, but I still think it needs binding on the fretboard & headstock. Really my only complaint w/ the imports is that the RRs should all have bound fretboards & headstocks.
              KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
              I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Is my Jackson a rr5 natural also?

I have a question for kruneh. My Rhoads looks exactly like your rr5. Flamed maple top, rosewood fretboard, plastic moto sharkfin inlays, neck thru. But it has a low serial number, 002100 roughly. Is mine old enough to be from the nineties or even eighties? I'm only asking because supposedly Vinnie Vincent from Kiss had one on the cover of a Kiss album in the eighties, and my other rr5, white with black pinstripes is from 2004 and has 030000 roughly serial number. The flamed maple Rhoads looks new with few finish flaws, but the pickups have been changed from the stock Duncans my white Rhoads rr5 came with to a dimebucker which looks new, and an unmarked black humbucker. I think I saw a new rr5 on ebay with a 060000 serial number, so I'm wondering just how old the flamed Rhoads might be? It has the black Jackson logo on flamed maple just like yours has, but it also has a rhythm/treble black plastic ring on the toggle switch like a les paul would have. Is it an older model, or just one of the first rr5 rhoads from early 2000 or so? My white with black pinstripes has different machine markings on the gold hardware, it's smoother and better cut than the flamed Rhoads, which has slight etching on the pickguard plate, and v shaped stop tailpiece. The guy I got it from this year on ebay wondered if it was a rr5 only because it looks like yours, but his guess was it was an older model than a rr5. Any ideas when this flamed rhoads was made? I've tried everywhere to find out. Thanks for any response! metalfiend

Comment

Someone probably added the ring around the pickup selector. The 90's import neck throughs had a 'J' before the serial number.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by metalfiend View Post
                    My Rhoads looks exactly like your rr5. Flamed maple top, rosewood fretboard, plastic moto sharkfin inlays, neck thru. But it has a low serial number, 002100 roughly. Is mine old enough to be from the nineties or even eighties?
                    No. The RR5 was introduced around 2001. It is a Japanese model, basically a neckthrough version of the RR3. Also, the LLx designations did not start until around 1996 (ie, there was no such model as RR1, KE3, KV2 before 1995)

I'm only asking because supposedly Vinnie Vincent from Kiss had one on the cover of a Kiss album in the eighties, and my other rr5, white with black pinstripes is from 2004 and has 030000 roughly serial number.
                    No. Production of Japanese Jacksons began in 1990 (in the same factory that had been making Japanese Charvels since 1986). All pre 1990 Jacksons are made in USA and "non mass production", that is, all were made to order. So Vinnie's Jacksons from the 80s were "custom". Your white RR5 is most likely a 2003.

I think I saw a new rr5 on ebay with a 060000 serial number, so I'm wondering just how old the flamed Rhoads might be? It has the black Jackson logo on flamed maple just like yours has, but it also has a rhythm/treble black plastic ring on the toggle switch like a les paul would have. Is it an older model, or just one of the first rr5 rhoads from early 2000 or so? The guy I got it from this year on ebay wondered if it was a rr5 only because it looks like yours, but his guess was it was an older model than a rr5. Any ideas when this flamed rhoads was made? I've tried everywhere to find out. Thanks for any response! metalfiend
                    That's probably a 2006 model. Random guys on eBay are not gonna be your best resource for detailed Jackson info.

We, however, are.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The RR5 is on my toplist of good lookers...especially the white with black..
                      Mmmmm

To run into a cheap 2nd hand one is Japan would be awesome...
                      But I guess you guys get them 2nd for even cheaper in the US?
                      Jason Becker / Paul Gilbert Wannabe

Comment

Originally posted by metalfiend View Post
                        It has the black Jackson logo on flamed maple just like yours has, but it also has a rhythm/treble black plastic ring on the toggle switch like a les paul would have.
                        The rhythm/treble washer is 100% guaranteed to have been added to the guitar by a previous owner. I can not recall having ever seen a production run Jackson with one of those.

Comment

Working...
                        X