Soloist Pro Serial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloist Pro Serial

Hi Guys I'm about getting a SL pro, but I'm wondering in which year it was manufactured. The serial is J 500564.

Thanks in advance [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Soloist Pro Serial

I think according to Dr. Newcenstein's Jackson serial number formula, this would be a 95(?) - but I thought the production of these stopped prior to that... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I would have guessed somewhere between 1989 and 1991 - but then again I'm no expert. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, that is a great guitar! A Soloist Pro from the Professional series - ebony board, MOP inlays, MOP logo, Schaller trem - the works... Japan made, with features and build quality matching those of USA Jacksons from the same period.

Mmm...I really like the Black Cherry finish! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

That is a '95. Last year they were made. Beautiful one.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply's guys [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]. I had this feeling that it would be a '95, but I thought only the '90 & '91 would have an ebony board? There was also a guitar made after 91/92 the SL XL or something, but as you see the truss rod says "Soloist pro"

I just checked the sale folder '94 '95 and they made 3 versions Soloist Pro, XL, STD. Is the quality of this '95 pro less then a '90 pro?

Comment

The specifications never changed. I don't know if the build quality differs, but there is always some quality variance between individual instruments from the same year, so it's difficult to generalize about whether one year was worse than the others.

Comment

I picked it up yesterday. It plays great! but the electronics are messed up. I'd like to pop in a Floyd rose, but the thing is the guitar need to be routed with the risk of damaging the paint.

Comment

Yeah the rear of the trem recess doesn't allow for Original Floyd Rose string lock screws.
              However, I think the EVH D-Tuna thing comes with a shorter screw that fits Schaller-style saddles. Too bad you can't find a place to get just the screws [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Are those long screws so long for a purpose [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] ? Sadly I can't find a store here in the Netherlands, that has those hex screws [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't know if it's for a specific purpose - the fine tuners certainly don't need that much room.
                  I do wish Jackson had routed all those out to fit OFRs like they do today.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Intersting...isn't possibile to use the short screws from a schaller in a Floyd Rose?
                    '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
                    '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
                    '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                    '92 Fender Strat scallop
                    '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
                    '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Intersting...isn't possibile to use the short screws from a schaller in a Floyd Rose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i was thinking about that as well..
                      Or maybe going to a certain store where they can make the screws shorter without damaging them so they won't fit.

btw Codex congrats on the soloist [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats on the guitar!
                        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Thanks guys [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I'll make some pics myself tomorrow.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the thickness of the "barrel" does not fit in the string lock screw slots on the decking.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I picked it up yesterday. It plays great! but the electronics are messed up. I'd like to pop in a Floyd rose, but the thing is the guitar need to be routed with the risk of damaging the paint.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer the Original Floyd, as well, but the Schaller is a good trem also.

Comment

Working...
                              X