RR Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Identification

What do you make of this? The neck is not original and the pinstriping and RR truss plate (Budman?) are not either. Is it a performer? Is it possible to tell by the options, string through, Jackson logod pups, square surface mounted jackplate, pickguard? Ive got the perfect neck for this laying around. Is it worth $250, with case?

Re: RR Identification

Pic?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Could be a Performer series PS3, or a Concept series JRR-94.

Comment

Oops, forgot the pic. Duh.

I got a pic from the guy and it says concept on the old headstock. So I guess its a jrr-94.

Comment

Cool! Definitely worth $250, IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thats bad ass, get a nice shark inlay neck and your set!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I got a pic from the guy and it says concept on the old headstock. So I guess its a jrr-94.

[/ QUOTE ]
              Hmm...you mentioned in the first post that the neck wasn't original(?), so technically it could be either. That neck does look consistent with the one that came on the JRR-94 though. Originally it had a truss rod cover that had the model name printed on it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                Hmm...you mentioned in the first post that the neck wasn't original(?), so technically it could be either. That neck does look consistent with the one that came on the JRR-94 though. Originally it had a truss rod cover that had the model name printed on it.

[/ QUOTE ] Did the JRR have the output jack on the bottom wing?
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Did the JRR have the output jack on the bottom wing?

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Yup. Those I've seen advertised as JRR's anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He said that the neck in the pic thats on there is an aftermarket neck. He sent me a picture of the original neck which got broken (low e string tuner corner broke off) That neck said concept on it. He also confirmed that it was a JRR-94. He also mentioned something about having it set up by the tech for BLS. I wonder if Zack ever touched this guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm not quite in touch with US prices, but it sounds like a good deal to me - especially since it includes a case. If that was in Europe, it would have been a steal for sure.

Comment

Well, I went and bought it. Ive been looking for a reasonable RR. Ive never had one before. Yeah, the case was the deciding factor for me. That alone is probably worth $100. Its currently set up with Zack 10-60 's. That should be interesting. I wont be getting it for a couple of weeks as Im going on Vaca next week, Ive asked him to hold it for a week before shipping it out. I dont want it sitting on my porch for a week. I'll have to see how that neck is. If its nice I will probably leave it alone. Im thinking a brass v plate on the string-thru would look cool. Maybe a gold Jackson logo for the headstock. Many possibilities for sure.Hmm, maybe I'll go play with the custom shop generator. [img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]

Comment

Congrats on a nice score and a cool RR! =)
                          The gold pinstripes look really nice on it - even though they aren't stock.

Joe (750XL) has one that belonged to his bro, and he dressed it up in gold hardware (except for the pickguard). That guitar looks really classy! Unfortunately I lost the picture I saved of it in the latest HDD crash. =/

So yeah, I'd second that idea. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, too much gold and it will start to look like the "Smokey and the Bandit" RR. All it will need is the "bird" graphic. LOL! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah, you're probably right. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X