I'm getting as bad as Newc - DK2LE current pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I\'m getting as bad as Newc - DK2LE current pic

Actually, it was a plastic grocery bag I just wrapped around my hand, but I'm sure a ziplock would be fine. If you've got the patience, let the splatter dry, sand down the excess (I think that would work), and then clearcoat it with about 20 coats. I went through about 4 cans of clearcoat. I used a couple different types of Krylon but didn't really like Krylon's stuff. I think it was Dutchboy high gloss laquer (I think that's what it's called) that I used for the final coats. It's shiny but has the orange peel effect. Of course, it's also got tons of marks from sanding, so I don't think wet sanding and buffing would do much good now. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Orange peel and scrathces can be filled in with another coat of clear, and then let it dry for 2 months before sanding (since spray clear doesn't have a catalyst in it to harden it, you have to let it dry thoroughly on its own).
      Then you can wetsand it and give it the final rubdown with rubbing compound (fine cut or swirl remover).

That's if you want it glossy. If you want a matte finish, leave it in the orange peel state and sand the very top layer smooth.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well, Jackson Pollock made a career out of such things. Just avoid anything 'concrete' (like, letters or, even worser, a whole *word*) and prepare for the Guggenheim.

Comment

FUCK!! that looks bloody awesome (pun intended)

looks like you slit someone's throat right in the vicinity of the guitar!

really GREAT!

and IMO, the textute of it (as oposed to a smooth finish) makes it more beliveable and real
          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

I like it better than the factory finish. It looks more disturbing.

Comment

I don't think any of them looks good but the factory finish looks better [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64
              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

OMG that's disturbing! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Is this on ebay now? What prompted the sale?

Comment

Yeah, I stuck it up. I'm not able to control it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, I'm leaning towards getting more USAs since I got my DK1, so I've decided to sell my imports. Also trying to stick with factory finishes [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Yeah, I stuck it up. I'm not able to control it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, I'm leaning towards getting more USAs since I got my DK1, so I've decided to sell my imports. Also trying to stick with factory finishes [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      I am really curious as to how much this nice finish will actually bring.

We shall see. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

satan would be proud of you my friend

Comment

Looks awesome! Well done!

Comment

Working...
                          X