The Jackson Stealth series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jackson Stealth series

I believe this is the right place for the topic, seeing as apparently it's a Japanese-made series. I just won an HX off ebay. Information anywhere else on the 'net is practically nonexistent... could anybody inform me about the stealth line, particularly the HX - how many were made, what years, for example? Anything you know would be appreciated : )

Re: The Jackson Stealth series

The Stealth series was made from 1990, to around '94 or '95 I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong... There were a variety of different models starting with the original Stealth Pro in 1990, which had an ebony board and Pearl logo inlay. Models from around '92 onward included the EX, XL, LT (I have an LT from '92), and the HX of course.

Comment

To give a little info on your model, compared with the rest of the line the body on the HX isn't the typical Stealth shape. If I remember correctly only the treble side of the body is tapered, whereas the rest of the line has the thinner shape all around.

Comment

Much appreciated. Wonder why they didn't taper the whole body for the HX?

Comment

I believe the reason they did that is so they could put the output jack on the side, rather than the top, like the other Stealths had.

Comment

It's kind of like the Radius/Saber differences with Ibanez...

Comment

Anyone know why they stopped making the stealths?

Comment

Congrats on the Stealth. I almost pulled the trigger on that one. I have the same one with EMGs.

Comment

pics maybe?
                  You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Pictures! Link to the ebay auction?

Comment

I recently won a Stealth EX... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Comment

At first I thought it was a reverse headstock - then I realized it's wrong-handed LOL!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          At first I thought it was a reverse headstock - then I realized it's wrong-handed LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong handed..bologna...everyone else is wrong-handed I'm the correct hand...

Comment

Thanks Venom, and DonP here's the auction link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

Unfortunately I haven't gotten it yet... really hoping it comes in the mail today, otherwise I won't see it until the 10th (going on a trip). Don't know why it's slow, seller's feedback has various "really fast shipping" comments. Maybe the postal service itself.

"wrong handed..bologna...everyone else is wrong-handed I'm the correct hand... " I sympathize with you heh. I'm left-handed too, only reason I play right-handed is because I started on my stepdad's telecaster. Funny enough he's left-handed too...

And that EX looks real nice, congrats.

Comment

I was told to play a right when I began playing guitar, but the way I am I refused to submit and took the harder road (at least in the sense of buy guitars). If the guitar is coming through UPS it can take a long time. It took about 1 week to get my guitar from Pennsylvania to Washington State. Super slow updating...absolutely a pain. Anyways I hope you like your guitar when you get it.

Comment

Working...
                              X