JS30DK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS30DK

I know the rest of the JS models are MII, but I thought I remembered reading that this one is MIJ. Is this true? If so, is there any reason to believe this would be any worse than a DKMG or DK2, etc? (besides the pickups which may or may not suck)

The reason I ask is I'm looking for a 22-fret HH guitar with a recessed Floyd

Re: JS30DK

Why not upgrade and look around for an SL4? 22 frets, recessed trem, and it's a neck-through.

Comment

That's a possibility too, it's actually what I'd prefer but I might get impatient or cheap

Comment

On an older thread, there is lengthy discussion of the JS30 models being MII and made of a strange, cheap wood (cedro?). Looking on MF's website, the JS30 specs say the body is alder(?), 22 fret, etc.

Does anybody know for sure which body wood is used?

Comment

MF probably just copied the spec listing from Jackson, which has been wrong about the bodywood from the start.

I don't know which of JS guitars are made where, but it's true that a few of them are (or used to be) made in Japan. The only clue is the serial number; If it starts with 9 it's Japan - if it starts with 01; India.

Comment

Well, I got a "second chance" (on the bay)offer from a guy to buy a JS30 dinky (2 hb, floyd, reverse head, dot inlays) for $50, plus shipping. It's prolly ok to bang around on and maybe teach my 12 year old a few chords, right?

Comment

Dude, those second chance offers are almost always scams. Contact the original seller of the item and check but I've never received one of those offers that wasn't a scam.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Dude, those second chance offers are almost always scams. Contact the original seller of the item and check but I've never received one of those offers that wasn't a scam.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya. In fact, I thought I'd get a hold of the seller, and low and behold, the offer is no longer there. He's put it back on the bay....

Someone else told me those "Second Chance" deals were pretty fishy too. Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I agree with the scam idea, but for $50? Why bother trying to scam someone for a small amount?

Comment

Because it's such a good deal people might actually pay it without investigating first

Comment

...which is why I'm glad I investigated first. What really got me is this dude had zero feedback. I guess maybe it was an honest mistake?

At any rate, I'm out of that one!

Comment

Usually the sellers have no idea that these second chance offers are even sent out. The sellers are not the ones to blame for the scams

Comment

Working...
                        X