Quick question about Jackson Soloist Pro XL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about Jackson Soloist Pro XL

I own a Jackson Soloist Pro XL that I bought new from Musicians Friend in 93. I was thinking about selling it and getting a USA soloist. I recently installed EMG 85/S/S in the guitar. How much do you guys think I can get for it? It has a Poplar body, Sharkfin inlays, Rosewood fretboard, and its Neck Thru. Here is a pic of it. (this pic does not show the EMG i had installed.

Re: Quick question about Jackson Soloist Pro XL

I'd say watch ebay. I think I've seen one just like yours, but I can't remember if it sold or not.

How does it sound now with the EMG's compared to the old pickups? I have a DK-2 as well, but I like the sound of the stock electronics. I have an EMG81 I plan on using in one of my project guitars (some day).

Comment

I like the EMG's alot better. The cleans sounds better, distortion sounds better. The stock pickups were lacking for me, especially after I got a few other guitars with EMG's and SD's in them. They totally blew away the jackson sound, but once I upgraded the jackson with the EMG's it brought the sound of that guitar to a whole new level...

Comment

Cool. I've had my EMG sitting new in the box for 15 years. I really need to get it wired up. I have a dual hum guitar I'm repainting. It will become the target of the EMG's.

Comment

I have two Pro Soloists, one with EMGs and one with the stock Jacksons, and the EMGs sound better for most types of music to me.
          Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

With EMGs, you won't really get much noticeable difference between ebony and rosewood boards, which is the big difference between yours and a USA SL1.

Average price for those is in line with a Charvel Model 6 or 650XL - about $300-$450 depending on condition and such.

I'd say put it on Ebay if you're intent on selling, since Junior Members can't sell here and you'd have a wider market anyway.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I'd say put it on Ebay if you're intent on selling, since Junior Members can't sell here and you'd have a wider market anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought they also can't mention that they are selling...

[img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I didn't say that i was selling, i said i was thinking about selling, and wasnt sure what the going rate for the guitar was. I will be more then happy to edit my post, i am a noob, and i dont want to step on anyone's toes. Sorry guys....

Comment

The Soloist XLs don't come up all that often on eBay, so it's a little hard to give a good range. I've seen them go from $350 all the way to $600. Given that yours looks to be in good shape and has the EMGs, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you got $450 or even a little higher for it.

Comment

I thought the XL Pro's had ebony boards? Maybe I'm retarded

Comment

The earlier Soloist Pro had an ebony board, prior to the XL designation.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thank you everyone for you help. :-)

Comment

The Soloist Pro and Soloist XL actually coexisted in the lineup for a few years.

Soloist Pro (1990-95) was the one with the ebony board--the exact same specs as a 1990 USA Soloist.

Soloist XL (1992-95) was basically the same, except it had a rosewood board and didn't have active electronics. It was actually the successor model to the Charvel 650xl when J/C phased out the Japanese Charvel line after '91.

Soloist Std. (1992-95) was the bottom of the line model--basically an XL with dot inlays, no binding and plastic back plates. Pretty much a Japanese-made Student Soloist.

Comment

Pro-Fushion, what would you say the quality is on the Soloist XL Pro, I never played any other soloists other then the one I own, and it is a sweet guitar, compared to the other guitars from other manufacturers that I have played.

Comment

Was the rosewood dyed to look like ebony? I've looked at some Soloist XL's on ebay and they all looked like ebony to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X