DK3TMG ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK3TMG ??

Has anyone heard of this model? Assuming its Japanese, but I havenet even seen the guitar and I've never come across one before. Does anyone have any specs or opinions?

Re: DK3TMG ??

Not a production model... the guy must have put mg because of EMG pickups in it... T for Trem or stop Tail... DK3?? Dk , dinky...

Ask for pics, we will let you know about the model... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

There WAS a DK3 that existed at some point. It was essentially an H/S/H version of the DK2.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        There WAS a DK3 that existed at some point. It was essentially an H/S/H version of the DK2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, Think HSH DK2 with direct mounted pups. I'm not sure when production began on those, but the last catalog that I have with a DK3 listed is a 2000 flyer. I really liked those, but was never able to get one. No idea how many are floating around, but I've yet to see any roll across ebay.
        Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Heres a link to the guitar in question. Im trying to help the buyer out with some info on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...332388675&rd=1

Comment

that's a DR3
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Reminds me of the "AT3" I saw in another auction. People have no idea what they're selling, so they look at a catalog or website and try to come up with a name for their guitar.

That's what the JCF site needs now - a random model number generator!

[img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                sigpic

Comment

I believe the DK3 was only made for one year. You used to see them pop up on eBay reasonably often, but when they did they commanded a nice premium over what you'd pay for a DK2. I also have not seen one on eBay for a long time--guess they're a keeper.

Comment

Is that DR3 an early one?
                    I used to have one and the parts were satin chrome.. the one in that auction has shiny chrome..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, Think HSH DK2 with direct mounted pups. I'm not sure when production began on those, but the last catalog that I have with a DK3 listed is a 2000 flyer. I really liked those, but was never able to get one. No idea how many are floating around, but I've yet to see any roll across ebay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you shoot me a scan of that? There's nothing in the old MoAIP about it.
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

A local store had a DK3 in white with the same hardware that came on the PC3's, satin chrome? They ended up selling it around cost to get it out the door. If it was in a different color, I would have gladly bought it.

Comment

Great score for $239 ,I wonder if anyone here grabbed it?

Comment

Newer ones have shiny chrome. Older ones, like mine have satin finish.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you shoot me a scan of that? There's nothing in the old MoAIP about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure! The flyer only has pics though, no specs on anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X