Stupid Kelly questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stupid Kelly questions

KE-1: Marty Friedman signature. USA, Neck-thru single hum, MOP sharkies. Kahler 3300 in earlier models, 3310 in most.(those are both fixed bridges with fine tuners and roller saddles. Neck and headstock binding

KE-2: USA, 2 hums, OFR, neck-thru, MOP sharkies. Neck headstock binding. MOP logo.

KE-3: Japan(I think), 2 hums, bolt-on, Floyd knock-off, toilet seat sharkies. No binding.

They are all Marty size and Alder/Maple as far as I know. Someone correct me if I am wrong in any of these descriptions(and I probably am wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

Comment

Just for the record I think KE-1s are the best. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Did they make Professional versions of the Standard Kelly, with neck through, ebony, sharkies, and such like they did for the Soloists? I see KE1 a lot, what's the difference between a KE1, KE2, and KE3?

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw one at a Guitar Show out here and I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not buying it. It was $400 obo.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          [ QUOTE ]
          Did they make Professional versions of the Standard Kelly, with neck through, ebony, sharkies, and such like they did for the Soloists? I see KE1 a lot, what's the difference between a KE1, KE2, and KE3?

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw one at a Guitar Show out here and I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not buying it. It was $400 obo.

[/ QUOTE ] You SHOULD be kicking yourself in the ass repeatedly over this mistake! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
            You should have gotten it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Even if you flipped it here for 750 it would have been a good deal for the JCFer who got it. Assuming we are talking about a KE-1 here.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
              You should have gotten it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Even if you flipped it here for 750 it would have been a good deal for the JCFer who got it. Assuming we are talking about a KE-1 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm talking about a solid black Kelly Professional neck-thru, bound ebony w/MOP inlays and logo.

What was I thinking?

Comment

Still a very good deal if you wanted the guitar for yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  KE-1: Marty Friedman signature. USA, Neck-thru single hum, MOP sharkies. Kahler 3300 in earlier models, 3310 in most.(those are both fixed bridges with fine tuners and roller saddles. Neck and headstock binding

[/ QUOTE ]
                  They also made some Musician's Friend Exclusive models with gold hardware and Floyds. There was another model with a black Floyd, but I'm not sure if that was another Exclusive for MF or something else.
                  Then they made the KE1-T with was a string-thru/TOM with body binding and no bevels... I think they also made a KE2-T like this (two humbuckers, of course).
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    They also made some Musician's Friend Exclusive models with gold hardware and Floyds. There was another model with a black Floyd, but I'm not sure if that was another Exclusive for MF or something else.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    That model is called KE-1F. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

There ya go! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ok. here is a stupid Kelly question. Why is it called a Kelly? I really have no clue, but I've only seriously gotten into Jacksons this year.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Ok. here is a stupid Kelly question. Why is it called a Kelly? I really have no clue, but I've only seriously gotten into Jacksons this year.

[/ QUOTE ] Some dude named Kelly from the band Heaven designed it I think.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

An early 90's Kelly Professional neck-thru, bound ebony w/MOP inlays and logo and a Floyd is worth 700+? The Soloists and Rhoads' go cheaper, sometimes quite a bit cheaper. Are there a lot fewer of them? (I guess that's an obvious yes, duh!) I wonder if there's a point in looking for one, or just getting the Rhoads first.
                            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Who said $700+? I said $400 obo at a guitar show. A beat up White 1990's RR Professional went for $499 at the local GC (no case). The tips were in horrible shape. Just shows you suckers are born every day.

Comment

Yeah, there are definitely less neck-thru Kelly Pros than Soloists, RRs.

Comment

Working...
                                X