Jackson Stars Soloist vs Jackson Soloist Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Stars Soloist vs Jackson Soloist Pro

I have the opportunity to get a used Jackson Stars Soloist for like $700 (Poplar body/rosewood board/duncan pup/schaller trem). Does that make sense or should I just get an early '90's Soloist Pro?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Re: Jackson Stars Soloist vs Jackson Soloist Pro

ooh thats a tough call. i dont know
    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

I'd go for the stars soloist,and if you don't like it you could sell it to me and get yourself the 90's pro soloist. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Just a couple things to consider:

The early Pro series (Soloist, Fusion, RR, Warrior) , were made exactly the same as thier US counterparts.

You get the US perks at an import price (MOP Inlay, Ebony, MOP Logo)

Not sure if a Stars Soloist has MOP Inlays and Logo.

$700.00 seems kinda high to me, you can find a Soloist Pro for $500.00 in decent shape usualy, The only thing you don't get is "made in USA" on the headstock.

Trust me.. that makes NO difference in this case. I LUV my Soloist Pro 2 death! I sold a USA Jackson to buy it and had no regrets.

Comment

Depends on what Stars Soloist that is. They have a whole range of Soloists, what is the model name of that one. And as far as I know the higher ones use MOP and Ebony boards.

Comment

Model number is SL 128 HH

Comment

I will say especially if you have the chance to play it before getting the Stars and like it, you should definitely get it. The only difference in cosmetics will be the non-MOP logo really and I don't know if it is easy or even possible to find a 2 humbucker Soloist Pro in any case(someone correct me here if I am wrong, all of the ones I have seen had HSS). I would get the Stars as a 2 hum fan. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

There were no 2 hum SL Pros.

The JacksonStars models are definitely USA-quality at the high end of the scale, but they didn't do ebony boards until the "J1" series in 2001/2002.
                Prior to that, they all had rosewood boards. They do have MOP inlays, though, but I don't think they have MOP logos.

For the "numbered" models like the SL-128, the number was the MSRP, so the MSRP on that one was 128,000 Yen, and depending on the exchange rate, $1280 USD.

If you can't live without ebony, get the SL Pro.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Actually, I have a JEM7VSBL which is identical to a JEM7VWH except for the color and the fact that it has a rosewood board instead of ebony. I bought it for the color but, have had the chance to A/B the both models in my home and do prefer the rosewood (and the owner of the 7WH still prefers the ebony). I think I'm going to go with the Stars. Now all it would take for for me to be ultimately happy are 2 more Jacksons: a PC1 and a Snakeskin USA Soloist with a reverse headstock and 2 hums [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

I'll trade you a Soloist Pro for that Jem if you want [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

My 7-string JacksonStars Soloist (which I believe was made in 2000) has plastic inlays, rather than MOP. I don't know what level it was at in the Stars catalog, though, since it has "semi-custom" features.

Comment

How about a pic of the Stars 7-String!?!

Comment

Pro: I think that Soloist was a store-exclusive so it was a semi-custom. Usually higher end Stars models have MOP inlays.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            How about a pic of the Stars 7-String!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Here ya go:

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Pro: I think that Soloist was a store-exclusive so it was a semi-custom. Usually higher end Stars models have MOP inlays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Interesting. Was it Ishibashi? I know virtually nothing about this guitar, except that The Steve Man found it hanging on the wall used in a Japanese store.

Comment

Working...
                              X