Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial (?) numbers again

Hi,

Recently I could learn from one of the topics that 7 digit numbers beginning with 97 are posssibly belongs to Japanese axes, but my number seems to be a bit strange to me as it is:
    It's a WRXT that just came from the shop yesterday (it was a test guitar there).
    214 is not too much and doesn't seem to be a real 'serial' number, does it?
    Or maybe it's a ten year old demo modell :-)

Anyway, this insturment is much more better than I ever imagined :-)
    (at this moment I prefer it even over my best loved SG - aaargh, OK maybe it's the magic now that last for a few days ;-)

Re: Serial (?) numbers again

Nothing seems strange about that number to me, just a relatively low serial number... my brother owned a JS30RR which had a similar serial number starting with 97.. it was a 2003 guitar, so I'm guessing yours is probably around that era .

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      my brother owned a JS30RR which had a similar serial number starting with 97.. it was a 2003 guitar, so I'm guessing yours is probably around that era .

[/ QUOTE ]

That is odd, JS30 shape series are all made in India and should have numbers starting with 0 or 1. 97 series should be made in Japan.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Not to mention that the JS30RR didn't even exist in 2003...

[ QUOTE ]
        Recently I could learn from one of the topics that 7 digit numbers beginning with 97 are posssibly belongs to Japanese axes...

[/ QUOTE ]
        You're a bit off: Japanese bolt-on serials start with 9, not 97. My Rhoads has serial 9611104.

Comment

Only the models made in 1996 follow that serialization. From 1990-1995, all Japanese-made models (bolt on or neckthrough) started with the last number of the year - 0-5 for bolt-ons, J0-J5 for neckthroughs.

In 1996, everything got a "96" serial. From what I've seen, the "97" serials didn't start till '99 or 2000. "96" numbers also grew from 6 to 7 digits somewhere around there, and the "97" numbers I've seen were 7 digits also.

Easy way to tell if your WRXT is Indian or Japanese (in the absence of a sticker saying where it was made), is the output jack: Indian WRXTs had them on the bottom edge of the body under the controls in a deep, angled recess like the early-90's Warriors. Japanese-made model jacks are on the rear edge of the body (under the strap pin) and are straight, and not as deeply recessed.

Jackson has not released any official info on their import serial numbers as far as what they really mean - production runs, number in that run, etc etc - so you could have the 214th jackson made in whatever year it was made, or it could be the 21st made in 2004, or it could have been made on February 1st 2004, or it could have been made on January 2nd 2004, or it could have been made a month ago [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Jackson has not released any official info on their import serial numbers as far as what they really mean - production runs, number in that run, etc etc - so you could have the 214th jackson made in whatever year it was made, or it could be the 21st made in 2004, or it could have been made on February 1st 2004, or it could have been made on January 2nd 2004, or it could have been made a month ago [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            well, I'm glad THAT's all cleared up now. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
            X