Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SLSMG question

Hi everyone

I just bought a SLSMG EDS for $554 flat at a GC. It was a clearance item and thought that it was a steal. I had a few questions about it, but the first one I was wondering about was, does anyone know when it was made? Jackson's website doesn't mention a SLSMG in EDS. Thanks!

Re: New SLSMG question

Most likely an '04, the first I heard of them existing. Like the flametops these are a special order by GC or someone but any dealer should be able to get ahold of them. $554 sounds like a killer deal though!
    I'm not sure if the serial number on these neckthrough jap guitars indicate the year or not, but mine is an 032xxx number, suggesting 03. I cant seem them producing 10's of thousands of guitars a year, so if yours is 04, cool beans, if not it looks like the jackson import serial number usefullness again returns to zero [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Which GC?

Comment

Guitar Center/Musicians Friend seem to get these limited runs (limited to a minimum of 500 pieces I think). They're the first ones to advertise the Red/Black Flametop SLSMG's and the EDS ones too. They also have that DX/KMGT with the 3+3 headstock.

Comment

Oh cool. I got mine at a GC in WA. There is another one around here going for $630 or so. My serial number is 042xxx so that scheme might make sense. Thanks for the info!

I've only had it for a few weeks so I'm trying to get an idea of what I've gotten myself into. How are the tuning machines on these? Do you guys get them replaced? If so, what kind?

Also, I think I read on here somewhere that the bridge is flipped? The intonation adjustment is on the pickup side which does seem kind of goofy, but is it cool to flip it?

Comment

I'm hearing mixed replies about the flipped bridge thing... So, I still havent decided on flipping it (when I get my TonePros for it in a couple days anyways).

I suggest replacing the bridge though, otherwise you're going to go nuts with the intonation issues, what with the "wobbly" nature of the stock bridge on the SLSMG.

Tuners seem fine to me, the only other issue I have, is when I bend a note, sometimes I hear a small "ting", like theres a burr or something on either the bridge or nut and the string is catching then releasing on the burr during the bend.

Other than those issues, the Axe is quality. At least imo...
            www.myspace.com/madeaband
            www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Cool, my bridge doesn't really wobble so I think that I might be alright for a while. But I'll definately look into it

Thanks a lot everyone!

Comment

What is the part# for the correct Tone Pros replacement bridge? I just got a FWR Flametop SLSMG and I am seriously digging it!
                RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
                CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
                Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
                Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Theres definitely no bridge wobble or string bend 'ting' on my guitar, and the tuners are great. Just gotta order some sweet pickups and it'll be a perfect great playing and sounding guitar. Just needs floyd [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Post Pics!

Comment

haha, sure thing

I was looking into getting EMG 81s for the bridge, and 60s for the neck, but I need to get some more cash before I invest

Comment

The part # is T3BT. It is a nashville bridge metric. Just got that reply from the guy at TonePros. I should have mine soon... I hope.

Comment

Would anyone be able to confirm the little "ting" noise I'm hearing? As far as what the problem could be? I'm sure if there is a burr, its probably microscopic, but just wondered if anyone else has heard this on any other guitar.

Comment

No, that 'ting' that you're hearing per bend is pretty new to me.

Comment

cookiemonster posted pics of his in the following thread...
                              http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post426166

Comment

Working...
                              X