Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It was love at first sight..................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was love at first sight..................

Got home yesterday after my weekly 5 hour roadtrip from Montgomery back to New Orleans to find the UPS box waiting for me...within rested the Blue and Orange Flame DK-2.

I loved it from first sight. I know the flames aren't eveyone's cup of tea, but the blue and orange just do it for me. What a hot rod!

Impressions.

The neck has a fatter profile than my Predator, and the fretboard is not as wide. However, it plays like butter and I can really haul some major ass with this guitar. Nice binding, fret work very solid, nice rosewood board.

Tonally the guitar is a bit darker than my Predator, and a bit fatter. It also sustains better and is a heavier guitar. The Predator has a Tone Zone in the bridge and has a more "explosive" tone, while the DK-2 is not as hot, but smoother overall. Right now I am actually pleased with the stock Duncan Designed pickups. The neck tone with the single coil is very strat like, but not as fat as most strats I have owned. I am not thrilled with the #2 position...and I think this is the only tonally limited pickup selection on the guitar. Before I would change the bridge pickup, I would attend to the neck and middle. But, for now, I am not touching it.

Fit and finish are very, very good. After close inspection I can only find what I would deem as minor quibbles. Some of the line work in the paint around the flames and on the headstock are not perfect...probably as a result of the masking. However, very minor quibbles. The tone and volume pots seem to be pretty responsive and decent, especially considering it is an import. I like the Jackson Floyd. I have never had a guitar with this new style Floyd. I find it comfortable, although I am having trouble keeping the high E from going flat.

Overall, I thik this is a hell of a guitar. It screams, is comfortable to play, has a nice low action that is conducive to hauling ass and it looks great.

I am thrilled with my first Jackson!

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Re: It was love at first sight..................

So you finally got it!
    Congrats.
    Now you know the rule of the gansta!
    PICS!
    [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, they are not my pics....but since I got it from Chris I will use his pics. The guitar was, for all intents and purposes, new...not a scratch. The strings had some use, that was it. I got in a trade, but he was only asking $375 for it. Which may be one of the best deals ever on a guitar.

Comment

Oh yea, I know this picture from other thread.
        How about posting some group pics?
        [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Is the headstock also blue or is the pic playing tricks on me?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Holy crap that's a nice DK2, nicest I've ever seen actually. That matching headstock with the mocha logo is insane as well! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Btw, Mike, I forgot, but did I come up with that Sea Of Lava name? If so, I'm deeply honored to have you call 'er that! I must have been reaaaaally toasted that night if it's indeed true. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Holy crap that's a nice DK2, nicest I've ever seen actually. That matching headstock with the mocha logo is insane as well! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Btw, Mike, I forgot, but did I come up with that Sea Of Lava name? If so, I'm deeply honored to have you call 'er that! I must have been reaaaaally toasted that night if it's indeed true. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's where I got the name! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] It was a great description...so I adopted it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for the comments, I am really digging this guitar.

Mike

Comment

That looks sweet ! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Haven't seen a good picture before and it looks damn nice.

Congrats my man ! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

The matching headstock is classy. I wish Jackson would do this more often.
                  Good deals with:
                  Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I've always loved guitars with matching headstock colors...

I saw one of these last month it really looks killer.. The best Dk-2 I've seen too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Congrats!
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64
                    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Beautiful guitar, good luck with her!
                      Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Glad you like it, dude! Welcome to the family! The blue/orange matching headstock is a KILLER touch, no doubt! I'll eventually replace the bridge pickup on mine, probably with a Full Shred.

Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Great guitar, it looks awesome!

Comment

Working...
                          X