Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson guitars................like a rock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson guitars................like a rock!

I remember reading about Chris Holms throwing his Jackson Star on the ground during an interview and claiming he plays them because they can go through hell and back and still stay in tune.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Well, my DK2LE took a dive off my strap while I was trying to get my son to stop trying to unplug the TV. It landed on the end of the body and then the tip of the headstock hit next. Needless to say I about shit myself. All total, there is a slight finish crack on the lower cutaway/neck pocket area. I took the neck off and there is no damage to the wood at all. And YES! It stayed in tune!

Another great reason to play Jackson guitars.

Re: Jackson guitars................like a rock!

my Fusion Plus dropped flat onto it's back a couple of years ago. Fortunately it was a carpeted wooden floor. But still. No damage & it held tune. Gotta love that!
    Hail yesterday

Comment

My DKMG took a fall while in the flimsy gig bag I had a while back... I was taking it out of the car and the gig bag strap got unhooked, dropping the headstock onto the ground. It hit in a really strange way, and the headstock got a small chip on the face. My guitar was knocked slightly out of tune though, but no other damage!

Comment

strangely enough, i have never even hit the wings of my rhoadses on a doorway or anything. im super careful when it comes to my guitars.

my old JS20 has fallen alot, my 260 pound brother even stepped on the neck once when it was lying on the ground and it didnt break!

that guitar couldnt hold a tune for the life of it though

Comment

i dropped one of my rhoads lately
          when i carried them from stage to backstage i stumbled and the red one fell out of the stand in my hand with the long tip on the ground and over onto the naked wall, where i catched it then
          i´ll never forget this horrible sound but
          even without a carpet no damage at all
          i had expected even a small chip or what, nothing
          and still tuned too

Comment

Well, I've never dropped one of my Jacksons or Charvels, but I had an old SG fall of it's stand onstage once. The only thing that kept the headstock from hitting someone in the audience was the strings! It shot off the neck like it was coming out of a canon! Ah, good times [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (It was like '81, so I can laugh at it now)
            Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

Whenever I'm in a guitar duel and I lose, I throw my guitar on the ground and walk away.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What Joe???

One of the reasons that it stayed in tune would be the locking nut.
                I dropped my Ibanez couple of times in the past and they did stay in tune as well... well they never sounded great though.

Comment

Joe, Vai just destroyed that little Machio kid! If there's one person I can't stand seeing it's that Machio dude, ESPECIALLY when he's faking paganini! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Agggggg!!
                    That Karate kid dude!
                    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I cringed and shit my pants just listening to your story, Sarj. What's gonna happen if I do something like that myself?
                      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

About a week or so ago I had my SL2H SSW leaning against my amp when my wife wanted to read the JCF Star Wars thread on my laptop. Well, the chord going from my Vetta to my guitar some how had gotten wrapped around the leg of the coffee table. So, when I slid the coffee table over it started to lift the guitar up and over right on the face (smack) right on my FBX Longboard controller. I about died! Anyone who has ever seen a Vetta longboard will attest they are built to survive a tank blast. I asked my wife to pick it up, look at it and tell me if there was any damage.... My wife stood looking puzzled for a few minutes then said "do you want to know". I said hesitantly "not really" As I knew by the hit on the metal board, right on the face of the guitar. Most definitely there was going to be damage. My wife then turned the guitar around to face me. To my extreme delight! Not a mark, not a ding, not a dent.... NOTHING!! I was so freaking happy

Jackson guitars are ROCK solid!!!!

I am still in shock over that.

Comment

My custom dinky tore the straplock clear out a day or so after I got her when I jumped off a drum riser during a gig....I almost died....Took a small chip out of the head and busted a tuner.

But she was also still in tune [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Joe, Vai just destroyed that little Machio kid! If there's one person I can't stand seeing it's that Machio dude, ESPECIALLY when he's faking paganini! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            I know! I wonder how hard it was for Steve to fake screwing up against him. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                            X