Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a DK-2 in BOF on the way......who has one??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a DK-2 in BOF on the way......who has one??

This went up on Chris' Guitars and I snagged it the second it went up, as I had a trade credit and was waiting for something cool to hit the site.

So, I have never owned one of these or played one...but I have played and owned/own import Charvels.

Who has one?

How do you like it?

How are the pickups? Neck? Quality??

I love the blue and orange flames, and the guitar was such a steal I could not pass it up.

I am pumped, my seven year old is going to crap his pants for this guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike
    Sleep. The sound doesn't collapse to riffs of early eyes either.

Re: Got a DK-2 in BOF on the way......who has one??

I've been hoping to find one cheap, and missed out [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, I did have a HRF Dk2 (red flames) and liked it. The Duncan Designed pickups and JT580 trem were replaced with real USA Duncans (Distortion bridge and Custom neck - once I routed the neck pickup cavity) and I put an OFR on it.
    Mine had something wierd about the frets I didn't like - couldn't quite place it, but I put a maple boarded neck on it (the one that's on the Halford now) and it was a total Hot Rod Shred machine [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The hardware and pickups are really the only thing that separate the DK2 from a USA model IMO as far as quality goes. They're not as good as the 1990-94 Professionals of course, but then according to some, neither are current USA models [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Congrats [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i'm considering to buy the red HRF dk2 and turn it into a HH setup axe. since i got myfusion i dun needanother axe with a single in the neck and the middle one just gets in my way, looks ugly and i never use it =P yes, i'm crazy
      You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Well, this is actually the perfect pickup mix for me...since I am really a strat guy at heart. This way, I can get all of the Strat tones I love (middle, neck and both combined) along with the heaviness of a humbucker in the bridge, in lieu of the weak single bridge tone of a Strat. I do think it may get a pickup upgrade...but we will see. I think a Zebra would look kickass in the bridge. I should have it next Friday and I will see if the P/Us are keepers.

Mike

Comment

Re: Got a DK-2 in BOF on the way......who has one?

I just bought a DK2 Crimson Swirl body that I'm going to try to put a Charvel Model A Plus neck on. Already ordered some Dimarzio's for it and will probably put black hardware including a OFR trem. It should be here next week. Hope everything fits and works out.
          Good deals with:
          Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

My first (not too long ago) Jackson was one of these newer DK2's. I'm real happy with the stock pickups. I bought a real TB4 and put it in another guitar, and they sounded quite the same - enough so that I'm going to sell the TB4.

It depends on if a JB is your thing or not. The singles sound close enough to a strat for me. Good enough for Smoke on the Water (I'm not too picky on strat sounds).

Comment

I have a DK2 in eerie,sweet playing axe..I get a great tone from the stock p-u's,the action is smooth as silk.I agree on the trem replacement,stock one is kinda "clunky"..
              http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y22...1/100_2422.jpg
              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Of the DK2 I've played, they have all played great. I love FLoyds but dont use them much for wammy bar tricks & stuff. If I get around to buying a DK2 I think I would mod it as well. Definately new pickups & controls, likely only wire the neck & bridge pickup & put 3-way switch to replace 5-way switch.
                KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I have the BOF DK-2. Love it! Maybe an original Floyd one day. I don't really mind the DD pickups either. I thought I'd change those out right away, but I don't think that will be the case. We'll see. The headstock is cool as heck - I love the blue with the orange Jackson logo! Plays great, and the neck is just right - wide, flat, and thin in just the right dose.

Congrats on the guitar - I hope you like it as much as I like mine!

Chris

Comment

Well, I will have it in my paws come Friday. I will certainly post my impressions of it.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X