Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences Pro/X/MG series... confusing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences Pro/X/MG series... confusing!

Well the MG's main difference obviously is the fact that they have EMG pickups.
    But for instance between an RR3 and a RX10D... pickups and controls differ, but how about neck profile and quality?
    Between an WRXT and a WRMG... Are either better? They differ slightly on the inlays and hardware but are they essentially the same guitar, wood and quality wise?
    Are all the X, MG and Pro made in Japan? How about the JS? I hear the 'shape' JS30 are made in India and the JS30 dinky is MIJ, is that true?
    Ok that's a lot of questions, I stop... sorry if some seem pretty silly to most of you...

Re: Differences Pro/X/MG series... confusing!

I have a RX10D and a RR3. They are both great guitars. Overall, the RR3 feels a bit "meatier". It's hard to explain. The pickups are identical, I like the Floyd on the RR3 better, the one on the RX10D seems way cheaper. But it hasn't given me any problems. My RX10D was made in India, after I got it I waited for it to self destruct, but it's a good guitar, and I play it ALOT. I just got the RR3, so I play it more..but they are both great. I hope this helps a little.

Comment

Well on the website, it seems that the pickups are different but the trem is the same... ARGH [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Mine both have Duncan Designed in them, I didn't realize there were different versions of those. Guess you are right. The trem on the RR3 is the 580 LP (low profile)..it like it better.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          They differ slightly on the inlays and hardware but are they essentially the same guitar, wood and quality wise?
          Are all the X, MG and Pro made in Japan? How about the JS? I hear the 'shape' JS30 are made in India and the JS30 dinky is MIJ, is that true?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and Yes for all current models. A few of them were made in India for some time, but as of right now all of the imports are MIJ except most of the JS series.

Comment

The Pro & MG lines are essentially equal (different pickups, inlays) & are priced similarly, The X series in my opinion is the same quality, but less options (colors, control layouts). Although to make it more confusing, you can buy a RX10D from AMS with lightning sky graphic. Not sure how they pulled that off.
            KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
            I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Working...
            X