"Hanneman" Jackson Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hanneman" Jackson Stars

I posted this in "Artist and Gear" section and people suggested that I post it here to find someone to help me out with more info and quite possibly getting the guitar. That is because supposedly Ikebe doesn't ship outside of Japan. They told me The Steve Man can at least help translate the info about the guitar.

http://ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_20.php?c...=&start_index=0

Thanks in advance for helping out. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Re: \"Hanneman\" Jackson Stars

I can't help you with getting the guitar, but here are the specs:

- Kahler tremolo (duh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
    - Maple through neck
    - Poplar wings
    - EMG81 x2

It's used, comes with case, and is $850-900ish. It's an "Ikebe Original" which just means that Ikebe ordered it from the custom shop. (They seem to do that a lot, where they'll spec out a custom guitar and order a batch of them.)

Good luck tracking it down. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks man I figured the pups and the bridge(DUH), but I was trying to find out the body woods. Same as Model Series, that's nice news. Now I have to find someone help me get it from Ikebe or convince Ikebe to ship it over here. With a couple of touches this can be THE excellent Hanneman guitar!

Comment

Bump!
        Anyone living in Japan?

Comment

Yup I'm in/around Tokyo.. I don't know about convincing Ikebe to ship it overseas for you (I could try but I don't think they'll want to do it) but if you really want it I might be able to snag it for you.. done that once before for a member on the board a couple months back.

Comment

I was trying to say trying to convince myself or have someone get it for me. I am shooting a PM your way to talk details. I would really really appreciate if we can arrange something.

Comment

I can vouch for The Steve Man--he helped me out with a 7-string JacksonStars Soloist a few months ago. Nice guy and totally trustworthy. That's a nice-looking guitar, BTW.

Comment

Yeah, he is a nice guy, but after I made some calculations this purchase might lead me to bankruptcy... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] So I guess I will pass on, at least for another month, but then Steve won't be there...

Comment

Wow, that is an amazing looking guitar. However, if you can't get a hold of this, you can hunt down a Kahler-equipped Soloist from the 80s and put the pickups you want in it.

Comment

It would be easier to look for old Soloist with Kahler trem.

Comment

But I want too many things at once therefore an old Soloist the way I want might never surface(2 hums, Kahler, black, sharkfins).

Anyhow the total will be around 1k including everything but I can't afford it right now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. I could have if I wasn't in summer school right now...

Comment

Working...
                      X