DXMG Dinky Reverse advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXMG Dinky Reverse advice

Im Thinking about a dinky reverse, but the problem is I've never played a live one. they've told me it was a good guitar, but one persons opinion don't cut it. also I've had a question about how good were EMG HZ (passive) pickups, in general. Im thinking in buying one, and I just want some advice from people that realy know about guitars.

Thanks

Re: DXMG Dinky Reverse advice

I'm no expert, but I like my DXMG just fine. I have a DK2 also and I find them to be equal in quality and playability.
    I have no problem with the HZ pickups. But I know that some people hate them. I think you would be happy with one. I cant see someone who is looking for a DR being unhappy with it, unless its set up poorly, but thats true with any guitar. Its a nice guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I got a DKMGT, and it plays great. The reverse headstock caught me out a few times when trying to tune up in the middle of a song, but I soon got used to it. Now I just love the reverse look!
      The HZ's were ok for a while, but I noticed that they lack any real bite, and tend to wimp out a bit on the higher registers. If your just playing at home theyll be fine, but you'll notice it when you try gigging with them.

Comment

If you want a link to look at it here it is:
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...324646745&rd=1

Comment

Thats quite expensive, I dont know how prices are in the UK but at $622 U.S. that a lot of dough. I paid $240 for mine used. That new one is not worth triple to me. Is that the going rate for those in the UK?

Comment

+1

Comment

were can I find one like that used but less expensive?

Comment

I would say to keep checking ebay. I dont know how common those models are in the UK. Maybe some local places might carry them? Could you order from the U.S? Would you get killed with customs taxes?

Comment

What do you think about matt's music center, is it good?
                  Do you know if they could ship a guitar to Colombia?

Thanks

Comment

Yes and yes
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X