all DK-2 and DXMG owners chime in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all DK-2 and DXMG owners chime in

I am torn between these two models (crimson swirl DK or the gun metal grey dxmg)
    which ever i get will recieve EMG's(not HZ's)
    are these two models equal in quality and build?
    i know the DXMG has a slightly thicker neck depth.post any opinion you think will help me decide [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Re: all DK-2 and DXMG owners chime in

I've always thought that reverse-headstock Jacksons had thicker necks. I like the versatility of the DK-2's pickup layout, but if the DXMG has the active gain boost, that is a plus. Personally, I'd get a DK2S, but that's a bit more money.
    sigpic

Comment

i would definetly go with the dk2, they're really great guitars for the money.

Comment

They're both built with the same quality. DXMG has:

black hardware
        reverse headstock
        HH pickups

DK2 is

chrome hardware
        regular headstock
        HSS pickups

It's all personal preference

Comment

I have a DK2FS. I chose for pickup config but mostly just on aesthetics. I like the DK2 standard headstock and sharkfins better. The tougher choice was DK2 or DKMG, not DXMG. If you're going reverse headstock, you might as well get that gorgeous carved top and black hardware with it.

Comment

I'd go with the DXMG. I prefer the solid colored guitars over the fancy swirly shit

Comment

I have both. My dk2 is in much better shape, while my dxmg is somewhat of a beater, but I would say that they are of the same quality and as troy said, its just personal preference. They seem to feel very similar to me. If youre gonna replace the stock pickups anyway then I think its more of if you prefer H-H or H-S-S.

Comment

i have a dk2 and have a few issues with it...frets flatspotted in less than a year and the trem burred at the posts and had to file it back into form...just a note to make you aware...
                Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

If I had the money I'd go for the DXMG, Ive been researching it and it seems like the best choice.

I Just love reverse headstocks

Comment

Working...
                  X