EMG HZ's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG HZ's

i've got 2 jacksons with emg hz's and the afterburner. a dkmgt and a wrmg. i don't use the afterburner's much cuz i've already got plenty of gain through my amplification set ups. however, while the afterburners are off on both guitars, the dkmgt seems to have more natural gain than the wrmg. anyone know why this is? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

Re: EMG HZ\'s

Maybe something wtih the pots?
    Facebook - Youtube

Comment

aaahhh.....
      Hear the universe scream
      Whom horns careless
      And whom God mourns

Comment

Maybe it's the pickup height? Or the HZ model?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i just kinda assumed they were all the same model hz's. do you know that they have used different models?
          Hear the universe scream
          Whom horns careless
          And whom God mourns

Comment

I believe they are all HZ-3s, no matter which model.

But a DKMGT is not the same as a WRMG, and what comes out of the pickup is what the guitar puts in. (I hope I translated that correctly, it's what a local tech used to say.)

So maybe your DKGMT just has a fuller sound than the WRMG (might be due to the floyd or just the natural differences between the different pieces of wood), leading to the impression of more gain.

Just a guess...
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

They've got 4 different HZ models, with variants:

EMG-H1 B/N
              The H1 Pickup identifies the birth of EMG-HZ Series Pickups. It features a very traditional internal design but utilizes over wound coils and a ceramic magnet. The H1 has the punch and attack of the newer passive designs along with added brilliance for a better-defined tone. Bright but not muddy in the rhythm position, yet still retaining that real crunch in the bridge

EMG-H1A B/N
              The H1A Pickup features the same design as the H1, but incorporates Alnico magnets instead of ceramic. While the H1A pickup combines EMG's traditional internal design with adjustable pole pieces and overwound coils, the result is a much warmer sound with a pronounced mid-range and less top end

EMG-H2 B/N
              The H2 Pickup is our "hot-rodded" humbucking pickup. It features vintage wound coils with a ceramic magnet. This pickup is a favorite because it has the power of ceramic in a vintage design.

EMG-H2A B/N
              The H2A is our proto-typical humbucker. The Alnico V magnet adds plenty of fat low-end for a nice punchy tone, perfect for the bridge position for any rhythm and blues player.

EMG-H3
              The EMG-H3 uses two stud piece loaded coils for better noise rejection with over-wound coils and a ceramic magnet. This pickup uses our traditional solid cover cap in a unique HZ design.

EMG-H3A
              The H3A features the same design as the H3, but incorporates an Alnico 5 magnet for a warmer sound but with a full top end.

EMG-H4
              The H4 is the equivalent of EMG's 81 Active Pickup without the "Active". It uses two bar-loaded coils for that "Balls to the Walls" tone. The EMG-H4 pickup has become the bridge pickup of choice for the ESP Guitar Company

EMG-H4A
              The H4A uses an Alnico 5 magnet for a pronounced mid-range and fat top end. With plenty of punchy tone, it's perfect in the bridge position for the player who wants to rock. The H4A is the perfect pickup for blues or in combination with the H4 pickup, as is used on Epiphone's Zakk Wylde "Bullseye" Guitar.

http://216.26.190.134/downloads/wiri.../EMG-H1-H4.pdf
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

i love this forum [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] i'm gonna learn alot from you guys. i've never really learned much about the technical side of guitar, i've just played em'! but this is cool. so i take it the only way to know for sure which pups the 2 axes have is to open them up huh?
                Hear the universe scream
                Whom horns careless
                And whom God mourns

Comment

Yes, Newc, but do they use any HZ models apart from the HZ-3 on Jackson imports?

I always thought it was HZ-3 only, and wasn't there something about them being exclusive for Jacksons?

Of course I'm not totally sure about all that... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                  http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I love the HZ-4s in my Zakk Epi, very good tone....
                    "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Neither Jackson nor EMG say what models Jackson uses.

Comment

Newc, Thanks for the info!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

H3s, in both cases. At least in my 04 Warrior and in a friend's 04 DKMG they were H3s, and I don't think they changed them.. if in doubt, just pull them out, there's a sticker on the pups that says which model it is, the production date etc.

Comment

the dkmgt seems to have more natural gain than the wrmg. anyone know why this is?-The answer is obvious:You 'll never find 2 guitars sounding identically.That's the question of every constituent of the electric guitar,especially the type of wood(I don't mean appellations).

About hz.As far as I know all the hzs installed in the imported jacksons are h3 by now

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I love the HZ-4s in my Zakk Epi, very good tone....

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

Comment

Working...
                              X