Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled the trigger on the DK2L, now for some Qs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled the trigger on the DK2L, now for some Qs...

Hello guys,

I know I'm posting after a long time, but to be honest, mostly I have nothing to post. Whenever I did post, it was the same questions, phrased differently.

Anyway, for those of you following my threads [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], I have been after a Jackson DK2. Since I'm a lefty and a student, that is the only one I could get. About a month ago, I pulled the trigger on it at a Guitar Center. At this point, members like Newc are going, "You know there is a God, all those times when we told him to get that DK2, he always kept disappearing" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. You know what guys, rightfully sold too, I bothered you guys so much, but you guys were all so nice. Thank you.

Anyway, according to GC, on the order confirmation, it says that Jackson will ship the guitar from CA on May 7th. Please post some of your opinions on your experiences with the dates given by Jackson. So, if the date goes through and Jackson keeps its word, then I should get the guitar in the 2nd week of May. I hope so bad that I get it soon [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Anyway, this will be my first electric guitar, and boy am I proud that its a Jackson. Although, since its a Floyd Rose and stuff, I need some questions answered:

1. First off, are there special measures to tuning these guitars, cause of double locking and floating tremolo stuff?

2. Secondly, can you guys point me to a string changing tutorial with pictures that applies to the JT580 (I think) bridge on the DK2L? I would need a very noobish tutorial since I have never dealt with electric guitar string changing, let alone, FR guitar string changing.

I think these are good to begin with. I would appreciate any replies, and don't worry about the pics, I will somehow manage to take those. Thanks for reading.

Re: Pulled the trigger on the DK2L, now for some Q

How about some videos? web page Have fun!
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

Congrats bro!! Pics when you get it [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Thanks Scotty, that was a GREAT link!

Dan

Oops, and Congratulations on a GREAT DK2 score!

Comment

Thanks for the link Scotty. Also thank you guys on the congrats as well. Boy I can't wait to get this guitar. BTW, what do you guys think about the dates issued by Jackson, are worth any weight? Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X