Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Determining the year of a Non-USA Jackson..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Determining the year of a Non-USA Jackson..

I'm sure this has been posted countless times but I looked around all over the net and all I could find were serial numbers/years for USA made Jacksons..

I just got a Jackson Rhoads made in India for $100 at a pawn shop. The thing is in PERFECT condition.

Serial #9710808

ANy idea what year it is? It has those pickups that look like EMGs but they say Jackson on them in white...it's string through. Dot inlays, chrome knobs, tuners etc. No model name on the headstock..

Thanks!!

Re: Determining the year of a Non-USA Jackson..

Hmmm...that serial indicates a japanese guitar. Where on it does it say made in India?

I really have no idea what it is. The JRR-94 was string-thru, but had black hardware. Does it have a 24 fret neck? In that case, it's the JS-30RR, which IS made in Inida.
    [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

24 fret neck. It says 'Crafted in India' on the back of the headstock..

Comment

JS30RR. I'm sad to see they gave these the serial numbers that belong on Japanese models. Indian models are supposed to have "0" or "1" serials, and Japanese models start with 96 or 97.
        As for when it was made; this year or last year. The 24 fret RR was introduced last year.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

So it is a post-Fender owned Jackson eh? I knew it must be. that's crazy that it was at a pawn shop already...

How are these pickups? I thought all the post-Fender owned Jacksons had those Duncan Designed which I think sound AWFUL when you're cranked out of a full stack...I've never seen post-Fender Jackson with these kind of pickups..

I'll probably put a set of EMGs in if they end up sounding like shit..I have EMGs in my other 2 Jacksons and in my Warlock..

Comment

You have all the specs on your guitar here:
            http://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/g...JS30RR_Rhoads#

Some say the Jackson CVR2 pickups are "decent", but some people have said that about the DD's also. Some quality pickups would probably make a big difference.

Btw, how does it play?

Comment

It doesn't play bad at all ecpecially conisdering the price. The neck is tiny and fast as hell like most Jacksons. It's got an awful case of fret buzz right now but I'll set it up and intonate it after I install the EMGs and illiminate the fret buzz..

I love that it's string through. This is the main reason I wanted it. I have been looking for a Pre-Fender owned, string through Rhoads for some time now, mostly on ebay. But when I saw this bad boy in the Pawn Shop for so cheap, I had to buy it even though I was 90% positive it was Post-Fender. I can hold notes for ever! The sustain is great...

I'm replacing the tuners and knobs w/ black. I dont like the chrome on black look. Its too much work to get a black bridge though..

Comment

Despite the ignorance and prejudice being spread around about "Pre/Post-Fender" Jacksons, there is no loss in quality since Fender bought them out.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think that the stock Jackson pickups in my 95 Rhodes EX sound 1000x better than the Duncan Designed pickups in my buddys 2004 Warrior...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I think that the stock Jackson pickups in my 95 Rhodes EX

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Your WHAT?! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

There is no real difference in pre/post Fender, except who owns the company assets.
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I meant Rhoads...!! I hate when people spell ir wrong..

and there is a different between the stock pickup quality IMO

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          I think that the stock Jackson pickups in my 95 Rhodes EX sound 1000x better than the Duncan Designed pickups in my buddys 2004 Warrior...

[/ QUOTE ]
                          The Duncan Designeds and EMG-HZ were introduced on the imports YEARS before the Fender takeover [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X