Kelly Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Star

How many different types of import kelly stars were avaliable and what were the differences?
    Thanks
    Just one more guitar!

Re: Kelly Star

Okay, I found out there was a KS2 (2000 cat.) and a KSXT (2001 cat.) both imports. Both are bolt-ons w/ duncan design pups. The only thing I see different is that the KSXT has a JT500 while the KS2 has the JT580LP. Was the KS2 made in Japan?
    Just one more guitar!

Comment

All production Kelly Stars are/were made in Japan. They are still available over there, under the "Jackson Stars" name. In fact, there is a high-end neckthru Japanese Kelly Star model, the KS-J2, that was never sold in the USA.

Go to www.jacksonstars.com, and you can see the KS-J2 model.

JCF member TheSteveMan has one, so he can probably tell you more than I could.

Comment

The KS2 and KSXT were both made in Japan and yeah, the difference is the trem as you said. And yeah I think those were the only two exported for the US market.

They were only made for 2000 and 2001 or something.. production wasn't too big on 'em I guess.

Currently Jackson Stars in Japan has a KS model like pro-fusion said, but they're just for the Japan domestic market.. and even here this model isn't particularly widely sold from my impression... I ordered one custom, and I've seen maybe one new one and one used in stores in Tokyo, but I haven't run across any others.

Comment

Slight correction, the KSXT was made in India (I've had several). The KS2 was made in Japan, and is the more rare one.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Working...
            X