This Guitar - What is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Guitar - What is it

What type of guitar is this. Serial J400788, through neck. A|lovely instrument bought from a Pawn store in Alabama.

Re: This Guitar - What is it

Japanese Soloist Pro, early to mid 1990s if I am not mistaken. How much did you end up paying?

Comment

$159 = what's it worth?

Comment

Wow, nice! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Typically $400-$600 perhaps according to what I've seen on Ebay recently.

Good work. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the info. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] There were a bunch of Jacksons in there, but this was the only thru neck. It seemed cheap, although it was a little grubby. (Indeed it was the dirtiest guitar in the shop. They asked if I'd prefer another one !!!

It has a couple of dings, but otherwise is in good shape.

Comment

your a lucky dude! thats a sweet guitar.

Comment

aaah, pawn shop grime! It keeps the prices down and prospective buyers away, until someone (like me) who doesn't mind expending a bit of elbow grease to turn these overlooked dirtballs into the gems that they really are. Pull her apart, clean her up and give her a good home. Look after her and she'll look after you. Congrats on a great score [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                aaah, pawn shop grime! It keeps the prices down and prospective buyers away, until someone (like me) who doesn't mind expending a bit of elbow grease to turn these overlooked dirtballs into the gems that they really are. Pull her apart, clean her up and give her a good home. Look after her and she'll look after you. Congrats on a great score [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You got some Pawn Shop dirtball action of your own to spill their Gary?....you seem to know what you're talking about... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

all in good time, Vic. All in good time [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  I'll post THAT one in another forum.......

actually, a lot of my guitars are pawn shop dirtballs. My US Fusion, my Model 2B, Model 2, Model 4. They sit in a corner under an inch or three of dust, with rusted high tension cables suspended an inch above the chicken grease dripping from their funky fretboards, while polished plywood turds - Kramers, Vesters & Hohners - get pride of place on the wall under tracks of halogen lights.

All fine by me - I gots the skillz to pay the billz. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Break em down, hose em off, restring em & set em up. It's a great way to get a great guitar for not much money.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

It's a Soloist STD - pro's had ebony and binding

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      actually, a lot of my guitars are pawn shop dirtballs. They sit in a corner under an inch or three of dust, with rusted high tension cables suspended an inch above the chicken grease dripping from their funky fretboards, while polished plywood turds - Kramers, Vesters & Hohners - get pride of place on the wall under tracks of halogen lights.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] ....fukking brilliant !!
                      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Great score! I am always looking in Pawn Shops for great deals. Most of the shops around my area only have junk. Enjoy!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Japanese Soloist Pro, early to mid 1990s if I am not mistaken. How much did you end up paying?

[/ QUOTE ]

NOT a Soloist Pro. This is a Soloist Std, as skarhead said. Still, $159 is a dang good price.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

oh, NOW you pitch in - after someone else has identified it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Just wanna make sure the OP doesn't have a heart attack off NOTP's info! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X