JS1 for my son?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS1 for my son?

I have a son who wants to start playing guitar. He is looking at a JS1. Is this something he should consider?Price is an issue He is on a tight budget.Are they ok? What are they worth? Will they hold thier value? I ask these questions as I am a bass player and really do not know that much about guitars, so any help is is good help! Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: JS1 for my son?

I would rather buy used and get a japanesee made jackson or charvel.
    The js1:s are made in india and are not as well built.
    I tried a indian js30 rhoads, and it was ok, but i would get something built in japan...

Comment

I agree, used Japanese Performer or Pro model, a nice Used DK2 would be awsome, always a safe bet to start on. Don`t forget about a Japanese Charvel also. Jack.

Comment

And don´t forget that with a used guitar, you get your money back when you sell it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I had a jx10 which is a similar guitar to this. It was an indian made import. It was actually a well made guitar. It sounded good and played just fine. The neck was fine. But I would not have paid $200 for it new. I got it second hand for $100 and at that price it was a great value, certainly better than a lot of beginner guitars out there. Once youre spending $200 youre definately in the range of the used Japanese import jacksons on ebay and such. Definately a better quality instrument. But if its a used guitar with a floyd trem, this can be a challenge for a beginner to deal with. Especially if its used, on the cheap, from ebay its probably gonna be all out of tune, need a setup, and if dealing with the floyd gets too complicated for you, you might need to bring it somewhere to have them do it for you, another expense.With a fixed bridge or vtrem its easier for a beginner to learn about keeping the guitar in tune and such. I think a floyded guitar would make a great step-up guitar. The js1 would make a fine beginner guitar but I wouldnt pay more than $150 for it new or used. You will always be able to get $100 for it unless you destroy it or something.

Comment

it would bea good idea to get a non floyded guitar, he would probably hate his guitar since floyds willbe frustraiting for him.

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the responses! I now have little better understanding. Looks like He needs to look at a little better guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
              X