Would these fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would these fit?

169.99 for a neck seems a little too much. I think I could get a warmoth for a little more. I think this is a neck from a DXmg-t right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...310740262&rd=1

with this body

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Re: Would these fit?

A lot of those companies buy guitars just to part them out. I saved my DK2 from the chopping block.

Correct me if I'm wrong - you've been here longer than I;

Top neck I believe was from a DKMG (carved top). 24 Frets, pirahna inlays.

A DXMG (flat top) has a reverse fin no binding neck.

You need to make sure the body is for a 24 fret neck as well, or your guitar won't intonate. I don't know if that body had a 22 or 24 fret neck. MAybe you do?

Also watch your scale length. 25 1/2 necks won't work with 24 3/4 bodies. I think I go a Fusion neck on a 25 1/2 Kelly body. I'll know better when it gets delivered.

Comment

I believe its a 24 fret neck, The other JS30RR have 24 fret necks

Thanks!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Top neck I believe was from a DKMG (carved top). 24 Frets, pirahna inlays.

A DXMG (flat top) has a reverse fin no binding neck.

[/ QUOTE ]

DXMG necks have binding as well, but with Sharkies. It should work as both the body and neck are 25 1/2" scale with 24 frets, but I would ask the seller for the dimensions of the neck pocket to be sure. The heel width should be 2 1/4" for the DKMGT neck, but I have no idea what the JS30RR neck pocket dimensions are. On my JS20 the heel width is 2 1/4". That body should look pretty cool with that DKMGT neck. Hope it works out.

Chris
        Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

On my JS20 the heel width is 2 1/4".

[/ QUOTE ]

CORRECTION: I meant the heel width on my JS20 is 2 3/16". [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
          Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Working...
          X