what model and year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what model and year?

how do i find out the year and model of my jackson? it has an inverted tuning head.it doesnt have a skunk stripe so im pretty sure its an import.it also has NO serial numbers anywhere. thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Re: what model and year?

i thought i should give a bit more info. it has 22 frets and the inlays are circular but are not in the center of the neck.they are towards the top(nearest to the ceiling).
    it says nothing on the headstock but the word jackson.it came with semore duncan humbuckers and a floyd rose trem.

Comment

sounds like some kind of Dinky Reverse. What body shape, is it a Dinky? Do the pickups have bezels?

Have you pulled the neck off it? There will often be markings on the neck heel and pocket that could indicate what model it is.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

its has a dinky body and yes ive pulled the neck off and looked everywhere and still cant find even one serial number.does the fact that it doesnt have a stripe on the neck mean its an import for sure?id just kinda wanna know what it is and what year so i could pick up another one.i love this axe-it works perfect and you just cant put it out of tune no matter how many dive bombs you do. thanks for your help

Comment

Actually, the offset dot inlays give it away as an import more than anything [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          Not all USAs had a skunk stripe. In fact, I can't think of any offhand that did, aside from early Stratheads.

Anyhoo, since it doesn't say Performer on the head, I'd say it was made between 98 and 03, but most likely before 03. I can't think of the models that had those dots at the moment [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

hey thanks guys!

Comment

whats a bezel?

Comment

pickup ring
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think Newc is right - some sort of Performer.

My DK2 has no serial number either. It would have been on the neck plate. Mine is barely stamped "USED" on the headstock also. They do this so that you can't get warrenty work done on a new guitar (mine is in new condition with plastic protection on the tuners and truss rod cover).

Yours might have had a serial number but someone could have replaced the plate.

Anyway, It doesn't matter to me. I got a great sounding/playing guitar for a good price. If I had to do it over, I would again in a heartbeat.

Comment

so thats whats stamped on the headstock! thanks a ton to everybody that has given input.you all rock. im glad theres a forum that treats noobs like humans! ty again all

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      it says nothing on the headstock but the word jackson.it came with semore duncan humbuckers and a floyd rose trem.

[/ QUOTE ]

So far what we know is that you have a Dinky-bodied guitar with 22 frets and offset dot inlays. Is it possible that a previous owner blacked out the "Professional" at the end of the headstock with a black marker? Some joker tried to do that on a dinky reverse that I bought. Is the headstock normal or reversed?
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

ill check that.the headstock is reversed.

Comment

22 fret dinky reverse with offset dots? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

The only thing I can think of with 22 frets and offset dots is the Stealth EX and the JSX94, but both have regular headstocks and HSS. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                            Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Actually, the offset dot inlays give it away as an import more than anything [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                              Not all USAs had a skunk stripe. In fact, I can't think of any offhand that did, aside from early Stratheads.

Anyhoo, since it doesn't say Performer on the head, I'd say it was made between 98 and 03, but most likely before 03. I can't think of the models that had those dots at the moment [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The PS-4 has offset dots, but it's 24 frets.

And both the Stealth EX and the JSX94 are HSS config. if I'm reading his post right he's saying his guitar is HH..
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
                              X