Jackson RR-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson RR-5

What do you guys think about the RR-5? Is it easy to get used to in a sitting position?

Re: Jackson RR-5

I have no experience with the rr5, but my rhoads (jrr94) is very comfortable sitting with.
    Not quite as comfortable as my dinky shaped charvel, but that applies when standing up as well IMO...

Comment

I have an RR1 and sitting is not a problem.

Comment

I have a few RR's in my stash and sitting in the classical position is very natural with them.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Re: Jackson RR-5 while sitting

Jack location might have some bearing in this discussion. On the RR1s, it is in the upper horn.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Jack location might have some bearing in this discussion. On the RR1s, it is in the upper horn.

[/ QUOTE ]
            Just use a cable with an angled jack...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Same on the RR5, which he is asking about.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

No problem sitting down with them.

Comment

plays awesome sitting down. very easy

Comment

Why not... the RR's aren't nearly as comfortable to play sitting down as a traditional strat bodied guitar. Don't listen to all these long haired, stud wearing, spandex clad metal heads.
                    Standing up at home: you will constantly bang and chip up the points. They seem to attract damage.
                    Sitting down at home: you either need to jam the guitar's V between your legs and hang on to the nec for dear life or you need to sit in the classical position (with one foot up). Neither position is overally comfortable. You also have to hang on the neck at all times or the guitar will slide down. The most comfortable position to play a Rhoads bodied guitar is standing up LIVE ON A BIG STAGE.

Comment

Sitting down in classical position (which to me, unlike to jgcable, is very comfortable) with an RR is very good and easy.
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

I as well find sitting with my RR very natural feeling, in classical position or having the lower wing between my theighs.

Having a strap on while sitting does help, though.

Comment

I agree with jgcable 100%. I think the Rhoads is a bad body style to sit with. The Warrior is the best sitting, with the strat and V shapes next, and the Rhoads is probably the hardest for me to play sitting, as the guitar wants level out, and the neck wants to hang down lower than is naturally comfortable for me.

That being said, my first custom order is an XTRR. Standing, they play great. That's all I'm really concerned with. Getting a good standing posistion.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Having a strap on while sitting does help, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            lmfao, sorry that just sounded sooo wrong

Comment

Working...
                            X