Firebird Pro ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firebird Pro ?

Have you guys seen these ? How do you like 'em ? What're they worth ? Thanks in advance.

[image][/image]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Firebird Pro ?

I had a cream/white non-trem version. Nice guitar, with a very Un-Jackson-like neck. It sounded great, felt great, played terrific, and had a cool vibe. I wish I still had it. The neck felt "Les Paulish" - it was beefy, but not in a bad way. I bought mine new for about $450 on a clearance. Considering there weren't a lot of them, they have held their value well depending on the condition.

Comment

had two of them. a black one with a tom/stop tail and a white one with a floyd. definitely les paul style necks, but a good sounding guitar.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

...man, if i found a cool firebird, i'd jump on it...

Go for it bro!

Comment

I had a green one....I loved the slimmed down shape, but couldn't get past the Louisville slugger neck. I didn't have the heart to shave the neck down, so I unloaded it.
          They are nice axes, and rare, if you don't mind the heavy neck girth.

Comment

i love mine. i really want one with a floyd now. mine is white with a TOM bridge. i put zebra dimarzios in it. a PAF pro and a Humbucker from Hell. here's a crappy pic:

GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Are these neck thru? I've seen a few import Jackson Firebirds that were bolt ons, but never any neck thrus.
              DiMarzio Endorsee
              www.dimarzio.com
              Morley Endorsee
              www.morley.com
              "Intelli-Shred" author
              www.myspace.com/intellishred
              NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

bolt on.
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

All bolt on...although...they did a batch of neckthru Pro Thunderbird basses.

Didn't get that one!!Also...didn't Marty Friedman have a Pro (meaning MIJ) neckthru Firebird?

Comment

i thought his was USA?
                    GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Nope, Marty had a neckthrough Grover Jackson Firebird - it's on the cover of a Guitar School.

Bigger version:
                      http://autumn-frost.nstemp.com/martybirdfull.jpg
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have a creme one with a Floyd. The original neck got damaged in shipping so I swapped it out for a maple Model 1 neck.

The body is pretty well balanced and comfortable to play. I swapped out the stock pickups and trem to an OFR...killer sounding and playing guitar now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

shawnlutz.com

Comment

that looks killer!! where did you move the jack? i want to do that to mine. move the switch too.
                          GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

I´ve got a mint green with stoptail (FB2T). Great guitar!
                            As far as i know about a hundred were made, and only 1997.
                            I´ll save mine for sure...

//Jonzkij

Comment

just about to get mine for £280 - unfortunately in aqua marine - doesn't like that great really! but comes with emg's and can always mod it with a new neck paint job if i really come to like it. Have been trying to find one for so long!

Comment

Working...
                              X