grover jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grover jackson

this is probably a very newbie question but, i was walking out in town and went to the guitar shop. they had a couple rr v's and other jackson models, but they all said grover jackson on the headstock. can anyone explain this? i live in Japan if that might possibly have anything to do with it

Re: grover jackson

That has everything to do with it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Jackson Guitars cannot use the Jackson logo solo on Japan market guitars (IIRC because another Jackson company has the copyright).

So Japan-market Jacksons are logoed as "Grover Jackson" or "JacksonStars"

Welcome, newbie!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i figured that that was the problem. i might be getting a grover jackson rrv. does anyone know anything about the quality of the grover jackson guitars

Comment

Yes
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

They range in quality from USA Jackson to Jackson Professional, MG, X, S, and so on. Part of the reason they aren't sold in America is because they would compete directly with USA Jacksons.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

....in other words, they're a better guitar for the money. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

So sayeth Sully [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
              X