JT580 trem bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JT580 trem bar?

i have the bridge (JT580...actually from a Charvel CX390, but the Charvel forum seems to never answer my questions), but not the bar....it looks to be the standard screw-in type that Jackson usually uses on their bridges, which is thicker than the "vintage" style ones available at most stores....where can i get my hands on one of these bars, and what kind of price am i probably looking at?

Re: JT580 trem bar?

I had one of those on my ps4. I used the bar from my kahler spyder from my HM strat. I see these bars on ebay from time to time. Also, I think you can just order the bar and a new socket for the normal collar type from stew-mac. I think that whole setup is under $20.

Comment

i would do something like that, but i'd need a new block, too...the block extends under the mount for the bar, so there's no cheap and easy way to do it with one of the stew-mac bars.

but you say the kahler spyder bar would be the right type? i'll see if i can track one of those down

Comment

Yeah, the thread matched fine. Slightly stiff but definately not cross threaded or anything like that.

Comment

i found some 6mm threaded bars on stew-mac (i measured the hole on my bridge, it's 6mm), but the shipping is a little more than the item itself, so i'm not really feeling it's quite worth it...

Comment

For me it comes to $10. Seems worth it to me as opposed to not having a bar.

Comment

yeah, it was roughly the same for me....$10-11 or something. and i guess since i have 2 guitars it'd work for, and don't have the bar for either....

i'll see if i can find one cheap locally first tho.

Comment

this is the bridge i have, btw...altho mine is chrome and has the Charvel logo on the bass side...but identical otherwise:

Comment

Working...
                X