Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DR7

Hey all,
    I have the chance to pick up one of these and want to know what the masses think. It has no case, just a gigbag. The pups are stock and from the investigation i have done, they are less than good. He wants 225 plus shipping. I have always wanted a 7 but im not sure if this is the one i want or not. It is in blue with the stripes showing through, (Transblue?). Is it worth the price? Thanks...
    Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Re: DR7

If it's in good shape and there are no neck issues, that's a good deal.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I got one off of ebay with a trem last week for $300. No case. I think tetsuo on this board was selling one for a good price. You might want to PM him on it. He may still have it. He has/had a stringthru.

I think it plays really well. I have had 2 Ibanez 7's that were really nice too. The Ibanez's that I had were loaded with Dimarzio pickups. They sounded better but the jackson feels much more solid. Plus the reverse headstock with the sharkie inlays just looks badass.

I think that is a good price too though.

Comment

I've got one with a trem and it's definitely nice.
        Mine's Japanese made (96 serial) - did they make these in India as well?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Mine is MIJ too. I don't they ever made the trem versions in India.

Comment

Are the stringthru made in India? That's what this one has...

Comment

later models were. the quality is better on the japanese made ones.

Comment

Can I tell by the Serial? I'm not really down with an Indian made one...
                He says he purchased it in December of 2002 and it was new at the time.

Comment

Japanese serials start with 9 (i.e. 96, 97) and have 7 or 8 numbers, Indian start with 1 or 01 and have 9 or 10 numbers.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Thank you sir !!
                    I'll find out the serial...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Japanese serials start with 9 (i.e. 96, 97) and have 7 or 8 numbers, Indian start with 1 or 01 and have 9 or 10 numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

the serial starts with 96. So this is a japanese model.
                      225 is a good price for this?

Comment

not a bad price for that at all.

I purchased a DR-7 with major plans in mind to modify it. While I still haven't made any modifications other than changing the brushed chrome tuners to black tuners, I'm still working on big plans for it.
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

225 is a smoking price, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                          X